Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice... I think that I like this release better than the Hot Wheels ZR-1. I haven't seen the Matchbox ZR-1 here at retail yet so I can't say for sure, but from your pictures, it sure looks better than the Hot Wheels release. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
seeing both in person, I like the HW version better.. I didn't even waste the money to get the MB version.:rolleyes:

:thumbsup:---Midnightrun---:wave:

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seeing both in person, I like the HW version better.. I didn't even waste the money to get the MB version.:rolleyes:

:thumbsup:---Midnightrun---:wave:
Well on this one, I think you are crazy. The Matchbox has better body shape and way more detail and the body has a better shape. The scale is 1:60.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I did a comparison of these three months ago with tight shots from a number of angles.... the MB version is more realistic in this case but they are both good examples none the less. Just bumped to the top of the Diecast collecting forum for ya.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I agree with MR; the HW version looks sleeker, the MB is too chunky. I don't even care if the HW is less accurate to the 1/1 or not, I still like it better. (But I bought 'em both, so it's double win for Mattel.)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
SSChevyman1, thanks for the pictures as they are greatly appreciated.
After searching for several months unsuccessfully I finally found the blue coloured Matchbox Corvette ZR1. It was my lucky day as I also found the silver coloured Hot Wheels #09/40 2008 First Editions '09 Corvette ZR1.
The Matchbox releases are several months behind here in Canada but I am looking forward to finding more new releases.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Administrator
41,000 Posts
One of the things I appreciated about the Matchbox Corvette C6 design is that they kept some of the earlier C2, C3, C4 and C5 styling cues that Chevrolet kept in their 1:1 version. In 2009, Matchbox added a rear plate detail to note the Super Charger found on the ZR-1. This 3rd version of the ZR1 is #23 from the 1-75/100 Series and #12 in the : Sports Cars segment. It was toy # P2913 in the USA and P6374 for the ROW distributions. Known base codes are B20 and B23.

·
Administrator
41,000 Posts
Matchbox's latest version of the 2009 ZR-1 returns after a 5 year absence in what is apparently the exact same casting issued in 2011 with its updated base plate codes of P19 - at least according to my Corvette Collectors group members. I think it is a different white but Fandom also has the exact same descriptors as well. It is from the Exotics 5 Pack which is Toy # HCJ01.

2021 Matchbox Metal MBX Exotic 5 Pack 1999 Chevy Corvette ZR-1
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,000 Posts
As with many Corvette diecasts, Mattel managed to once again introduce the ZR1 essentially at the same time as Chevrolet's introduction in the Fall of 2008. Done in 1:60 both were made in Thailand and introduced in the 1-75/100 line up as #9 under the Sports Cars segment as #1. The blue version was USA Toy # M0238 and M7347 in the ROW distributions. With the red one issued as Toy # N2501 in the USA) and N2502 for the ROW distributions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts