Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Introduced in 2020 by Matchbox, the DBR1 has been issued 3 times so far according to Fandom. The first casting was part of the Top Gun 5 Pack (Version 2) GFP96. It was also part of the MBX City segment of the 100 Mainline Metal Series and included in the Metal Power Grabs box series. A 4th release is expected for 2021.

As always feel free to add images of you own castings to this thread, the story if any about why you added the DBR1 to your collection or images or information you know about the 1:1s. 馃

Administrator
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The 2020 Top Gun 5 pack version was made in a dark green (British(?) racing green plastic body with a grey plastic interior. The head lamps and rear tail light were tampo details. Along with white roundels with a black #3 in them. License plates are numbered BH 900. It is fitted with a clear windshield. And chromed split 10 spoke wheel sets.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In the 2020 Metal Mainline 100 series, it is #73. Made of all plastic parts again, the body is a metallic (gold metal flake) dark green and a black interior used this time. The tampo details do not include roundels on this model or the black racing numbers but does retain the same head and light details with front and rear 1214 MB license plates this time. The same clear windshield is fitted. And the chrome Superfast Sport 5 spoke wheel sets are fitted front and rear.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #4

Administrator
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, there @pjedsel ! Is the interior on your Aston without the racing roundels black or grey? 馃憘

Administrator
Discussion Starter #8
Never mind I have them backwards! (Made corrections above.)

Administrator
Discussion Starter #10
According to Fandom the base is also made of the same color plastic as the body. Is that something you can confirm for us @pjedsel or @5thGenCamaro ? The boxed one feels really light to me and it is hard to tell in the 5 pack with the other casting weight....

Registered
I don't have the Top Gun 5-pack version, but I do have both the green without roundels and the silver version and they both definitely have metal bodies with plastic bases. It's actually a really nice casting and it feels great in hand. The bases are molded in colors that approximately match the body color,.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #15
If your interested I saw a Top Gun 5 pack last week. If it is still there I can get if for your. I had my hand on it but got distracted by the VW Crew Cab instead!

Reactions: canalnoises

Registered
If your interested I saw a Top Gun 5 pack last week. If it is still there I can get if for your. I had my hand on it but got distracted by the VW Crew Cab instead!
Oh, didn't see this. I've seen it a few times recently and have considered it, but ended up leaving with other cars. I might still pick it up at some point if I see it again, but I'm not dying to get it or anything. Thanks though :)

Registered
Here's mine with a 41 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible coupe. I was going to post something about a couple "Green Machines" Then I saw your thread. LOL. Picked them both up because I generally get any Cadillac I see and the Aston Martin was just a tight little casting in a great color.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts