Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
It was called "Autosteer"

Ther wher a couple others...#25 Ford Cortina, #18 Field Car I think had it, one or two more mighta had it...#6 Ford Truck maybe???
Your #8 Mustang is the only one that had the lever on the side though, the others you hadda press on the side of the model while it was rolling.
2 to 4 of the King Sizes from the late '60s also had Autosteer.
My K-21(?) Dodge Charger I got when I was a little snot has it. :)

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I was just wondering what it would be like if working steering could be worked into the smaller diecasts. That's so neat. I wish the MB guys would put that into some of their new stuff. I imagine the big fat donk wheels that shame the new stuff wouldn't allow for that though. Thanks for sharing that with us.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ther wher a couple others...#25 Ford Cortina, #18 Field Car I think had it, one or two more mighta had it...#6 Ford Truck maybe???
Your #8 Mustang is the only one that had the lever on the side though, the others you hadda press on the side of the model while it was rolling.
2 to 4 of the King Sizes from the late '60s also had Autosteer.
My K-21(?) Dodge Charger I got when I was a little snot has it. :)
#6 & # 50 Ford F150 both had it, as did 15 VW, 33 Muira and the King Size Police Mercury wagon.It was a good idea without the ugly lever, just press and turn, but Superfast axles were too thin to support the pressure of turning so that was the end of the line........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts