Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had the decals and resin figures of Andy and Barney in my stash for a long time, have always wanted to do a Mayberry car.

·
Starship Class
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the decals and resin figures of Andy and Barney in my stash for a long time, have always wanted to do a Mayberry car.
Oh, man! Where did you get them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The casting on the '63 is pretty nice. It comes with the dog dish hubcaps, too. However, you're going to need to come up with a bench seat for the Galaxie interior.

Chimneyville Hobbies did a set of decals with the Mayberry markings, but that was many years ago. I'm not certain if the new owner of Chimneyville continued them. Check at police car models dot com and look under the decals link.

Terr

·
Starship Class
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The casting on the '63 is pretty nice. It comes with the dog dish hubcaps, too. However, you're going to need to come up with a bench seat for the Galaxie interior.

Chimneyville Hobbies did a set of decals with the Mayberry markings, but that was many years ago. I'm not certain if the new owner of Chimneyville continued them. Check at police car models dot com and look under the decals link.

Terr
Thanks, Ter!

I'm now leaning towards converting the Galaxie model kit I've got. I think I've got some .jpg's of decals for the car stored on my computer.

·
Starship Class
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a car that Moebius or Round 2 needs to tool-up. I am sure it would sell well.
That's what I've always thought. Another one that needs to be done, well, redone, is the Green Hornet "Black Beauty" in 1/24th scale.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
To get around most licensing issues they could do a generic 1963 4-door Ford Galaxie
with alternate parts to do it as a police car.

·
Starship Class
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To get around most licensing issues they could do a generic 1963 4-door Ford Galaxie with alternate parts to do it as a police car.
Yeah, that'd make me perfectly happy. Decals and slight alterations would be enough to make it a Mayberry Sheriff's car. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts