Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing more and more JL "error" cars showing up on the bay this year. I know that this does not increase the value but does it not point to an underlying QC issue. Just today a Mustang from the Gold Series was listed without the rear Mustang tampo on the deck lid. I also saw a Futura that had different rim variations on the front and back wheels. Also saw a Mustang recently that was missing a rim.
Is Jl going the way of the other company and trying to increase sales? Or are these really just items that have slipped through? Anyone else notice an increase, and I am not referring to defective axles or bad paint but noticable "mistakes".

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I don't think it's just you...I think ever since rc2 took over, the factory realized rc2 does not have the same emphasis on QC as PM did,so we see more blunders now under rc2 control.

I'd be willing to bet the QC dept at the factory had a party when they realized they wouldn't have to deal with HotRodAl anymore...he was pretty paticular when it came to defects.

just my opinion :cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
How could the company profit from inaccurate models and errors?.
Only profit would be made by scalpers that found them.
That is only because a fool and his money soon will part.

You won't buy junk and I won't by junk.
Eventually the junk will hang and no one makes a dime.
There's too much nice stuff out there,as close to perfect is what I look for not some out of whack cheap piece of crap.
I sometimes feel insulted inferior products are put on the pegs and someone is hoping that I'm stupid enough to buy them.
To each his own but if I think it sucks,the money stays in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
McRooster said:
How could the company profit from inaccurate models and errors?.
Only profit would be made by scalpers that found them.
That is only because a fool and his money soon will part.

You won't buy junk and I won't by junk.
Eventually the junk will hang and no one makes a dime.
There's too much nice stuff out there,as close to perfect is what I look for not some out of whack cheap piece of crap.
I sometimes feel insulted inferior products are put on the pegs and someone is hoping that I'm stupid enough to buy them.
To each his own but if I think it sucks,the money stays in my pocket.
I agree with the above statement.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
triple20 said:
I don't think it's just you...I think ever since rc2 took over, the factory realized rc2 does not have the same emphasis on QC as PM did,so we see more blunders now under rc2 control.

I'd be willing to bet the QC dept at the factory had a party when they realized they wouldn't have to deal with HotRodAl anymore...he was pretty paticular when it came to defects.

just my opinion :cool:
Bingo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts