Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals of All Nations (with whom I'm sure all you Auroraphiles will identify),

Arronax's update of the Polarpedia got me thinking that we're way overdue for a Dremel Salute to the newbies. It's a tradition, the origin of which has become lost somewhere along the infinite corridors of Time (that was for the Irwin Allen-philes). So if you're wearing a beanie but haven't had your official salute into the Polar Lights Bulletin Board, which I cannot refrain from identifying this august forum as, then now's the time to step up here to the front of the Clubhouse and be counted.

Wow, quite a crowd - so many newbies, so little time. I blame myself, for spending too much energy on stupid stuff like working and maintaining a single-family dwelling and less on the more important things in life such as holding Dremel Salutes. Well we're all here now and that's what counts. Don't want anybody wandering into WonderFest without their membership on the Boards having been officially confirmed, eh?

Okay, I'll just pull me trusty Dremel 2007 Magnagouger with Star Wars 30th Anniversary Edition Hyper-Drive off the wall mount here - erf! Even with the counterbalance this bad boy takes some handling...good thing I'm retiring from UPS this year ("It ain't the years, it's the mileage", as one Henry Jones, Jr. once put it). Let's fire the 'Gouger up...safeties off...start the Anti-Gravity Driver (gosh that blue glow sure is pretty)...intiate the Deutronium Annihilator...kick the starter and - BBAAAWWWWAAAAAAAAOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Beautiful! It's beating perfectly, just as in life - er, I mean...

Aaa, ferget it. Okay, all you newbies get ready and - SAAALUTE! :eek: *KRACK! POP!!!* What th-? Oops - I nicked a pinata left over from the Barry Yoner day festivites that was hanging from the ceiling....*WHSSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!* Pinata was full of Buc's coffee beans! Duck, everybody - if those beans hit the 'Gouger's collet...*TING! PTOO! TANG! PING!* Geez, it's getting like a watermelon seed spitting contest on steroids in here!

*CRACK* Oh no - my good bottle of paint remover took a hit... *sssSSSSS* Ulp - this can't be good - remover's working on the sheathing of the high-tension lead to the 'Gouger. Better switch off before - :eek: *ffFFUZZAP!!*

sssssssss...

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
"What a senseless waste of life!" John Cleese in the Cheese Shop sketch

A Dremel salute. Well, this should cut down the number of people attending Wonderfest this year.

Oh! Cut Down! Humor!!

BWAH, HAH, HAH, HAH, HAH, HAH!!!!!!!

·
Curmudgeon
6,621 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. *wink* But you can't hold a whole Bulletin Board responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole Bulletin Board system? And if the whole Bulletin Board system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm raising my left index finger in a "We're number one!" salute! That would be the index finger that has a 1/2" gash just below the nail from a little mishap with a razor saw yesterday...

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
ilbasso said:
I'm raising my left index finger in a "We're number one!" salute! That would be the index finger that has a 1/2" gash just below the nail from a little mishap with a razor saw yesterday...
Wussie!! That's nothing! Be grateful you didn't get a caffee bean at warp 9 full force in the eye... like poor Ziz over there. (Ow. That does look painful.) So in honour of this... er... honourable occasion, I'm raising a finger in salute, too!!

Hmmm? Oh, sorry Ziz. Here's you finger back. :drunk:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
:eek: Huh? Wha..? ....Salute ?... Did I miss something ? I was napping,.... why didn't someone wake me up ?? And what IS all this mess,....is that a finger over there ??? :freak: ...Gaaaak !

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I was a HobbyTalk member till I was saluted....now look at me! Dang that Dremel 2007 Magnagouger!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have lived thru countless Dremel salutes yet the gore is till too much for me to stomach , so I guess its a good thing I missed this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts