Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have not been a "victim" of it personally, as I generally ask or offer my trades / sales for under market value strictly in the good spirited nature of supporting the Hobby, there seems to be a good bit of what I term as the "Trade Police" going on the swap / sell board. One person offering thier opinion on another's trade worth or value, rather then actually offering a trade. IMO, an item's worth is what a person is willing to trade for it. It may not be worth it to you or me but it's not our place to point that out. The trade / sale market will bear that out. I'm not sure where or when it started but it seems to be increasing. Maybe that's why I don't see some of the "long-timers" on here as much as I used to. Slight Rant Over.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
This is a good rant. Please report these to me as they are a violation of the TOS. People are not allowed to offer their opinon as to value of your trade items. I can't read every post, click on the Excalmation mark on top of the post to report it.

Gerald

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I couldn't agree more! If you aren't interested in the trade, butt out. No one is asking for an opinion if it's a fair trade or not.

This was one of the reasons I quit trying to trade on the HWC boards. If I trade at all it's when I find a WL I'm willing to part with. I don't collect them so I trade them.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
2 :thumbsup::thumbsup: Up I agree

I couldn't agree more! If you aren't interested in the trade, butt out. No one is asking for an opinion if it's a fair trade or not.

This was one of the reasons I quit trying to trade on the HWC boards. If I trade at all it's when I find a WL I'm willing to part with. I don't collect them so I trade them.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You get this on every Chatboard dealing with Trades or Sales....

Most people who are selling think they have Gold and this is why you get peoples responses....

When you see a person asking $2000 for a WL you have no choice but go :freak: in a response look....

I'm usually the person who is laughing at the other side of my PC Screen as these are Toys.... Not jewlery

·
Registered
232 Posts
im sorry to say this but i ask for opinions on how much it is worth and then someone after a few days will ask me if i will sell it for this so and so price. but i just started collecting in june. so i dot really no values yet thats why i ask about them.

sorry for not following the rules correctly. 79f150

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I sure do agree 100%... Very, very well spoken... I just recently traded tho M2s and 2 JLs for a HW 34 Ford Treasure Hunt... 4 five dollar cars for a dollar car... It was well worth it to me, and I felt very satisfied when the 34 Ford arrived... I posted pics of my TH and so did my trade partner... Some of the comments really ticked me off...
One was: "Stangfreak should know the price of the Treasure Hunt, what a dummy"
Another was: "****** sure got over on Stangfreak, big rip"

These kind of comments hurt people's feelings as well as make them mad... I was very satisfied and so was my trading partner... Nothing else or nobody else matters... As I've said before, and I'll say it again, I'm not in this hobby for value or money... I have fun with it, reading others posts and enjoying pics of their collections, sharing my collection on the boards as well as learning new information... The Good Lord knows I have dumped a ton and a half of money, much, much more than I ever made from selling on ebay... All of my little cars are worth a million dollars each to me !!!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
That is a very decent rant. I never trade on the board but get offers by PM for my customs and deal from it there. I would certainly not appreciate those comments as well. Bottom line is mind your own business.

79f150, if you want to have some kind of idea on what a casting is worth, check out the casting out on evil bay. Make sure you check completed items only and the ones that were actually sold should give you an idea of what it's worth.

Peace and have fun

Gerry :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I sure do agree 100%... Very, very well spoken... I just recently traded tho M2s and 2 JLs for a HW 34 Ford Treasure Hunt... 4 five dollar cars for a dollar car... It was well worth it to me, and I felt very satisfied when the 34 Ford arrived... I posted pics of my TH and so did my trade partner... Some of the comments really ticked me off...
One was: "Stangfreak should know the price of the Treasure Hunt, what a dummy"
Another was: "****** sure got over on Stangfreak, big rip"

These kind of comments hurt people's feelings as well as make them mad... I was very satisfied and so was my trading partner... Nothing else or nobody else matters... As I've said before, and I'll say it again, I'm not in this hobby for value or money... I have fun with it, reading others posts and enjoying pics of their collections, sharing my collection on the boards as well as learning new information... The Good Lord knows I have dumped a ton and a half of money, much, much more than I ever made from selling on ebay... All of my little cars are worth a million dollars each to me !!!

Sorry to hear that other Board Members can be so immature in name calling or putting you down in your trade or sale .... 90% of the today's newer Collectors take this HOBBY way too serious as they get carried away in mindless thoughts.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sorry to hear that other Board Members can be so immature in name calling or putting you down in your trade or sale .... 90% of the today's newer Collectors take this HOBBY way too serious as they get carried away in mindless thoughts.
Amen to that Bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Amen to that Bro :thumbsup:
Thank You, xddorox

I'm Old Skool when it comes to Collecting as this is not my first walk in the park.... I am a laid back Collector who walks in a Store or Convention Shows and looks around and buys what I like and not try to own a Warehouse.

I have seen so much throughout my 36 years in Collectiing and nothing really shocks me anymore with how people are in the Stores or Chatboards in attitudes. What I have seen lately tho is these newer Collectors like to push and shove in the Stores again at the pegs and that doesn't fly with me as I will stand my ground, no doubt.

Here's a funny story speaking of pushing and shoving - - 14+ years ago I was with my buddy that was in his 40's at the time in Walmart and a younger guy walks up to where we were picking through the HW pegged up. My buddy finds a 95 TH and this younger guy tried to take it from his hands in the Store and my buddy drew back and drop this guy right in the Store with one punch POW.... This young guy had no clue where he was at or what state he was in afterwards. I just stood there shaking my head as my buddy and I chuckled afterwards saying what the (edited) was he thinking. People, there is no need to shove / push or even try to attempt to take a Car out of someones hands as you can get hurt.

I have seen so much throughout the years I have Collected I can write a amazing and funny noval....

Liv N Low

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
thanks xddorox! i will do that !
No problemo, it's a great way to get an idea about the value of other stuff too. Like that one time I found a sheet of stamps in a lot with all the airplanes upside down. I threw it in the trash since they were all defective. Imagine my shock when I looked it up on the bay! I'm kidding of course.:hat:

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
A legitimate rant and very good point. We're all adults and we can handle our own dealings. I have a question, however. If you see that a collector is making a judgment in error--even if it's just your opinion--can a pm be sent to that collector with some advice. I'm sure we can all agree that we'd hate to see someone trade a truly valuable piece for, let's say, a 2009 orange Mach 1 with RL5SP's?

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I say PMs are good, but public posting is not good, might screw up a persons sale/trade

1 - 20 of 21 Posts