Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was driving home from work today and it finally happened. I have worked at the same place for almost 17 years and have seen TONS of accidents at an intersection that I have to encounter every day. Today it was my turn. :( It is an intersection that really does need a light but it seems like they wont put one in until sombody is killed there.

Anyways, I was next to pull out and I saw an opening where 2 cars were turning right (onto the road I was on) and nobody coming from the right for a while. You can sit there for 10 minutes and not be able to go on many days right after 5. Farther back there were huge lines in both directions. I always wait until the car that is signaling to turn really is turning but with the window and the long line aproaching, I went after the first car that was signalling began to turn. Well, the second car that had its signal on did not turn. I got out pretty far and was almost straight and POW!

I am a bit sore from either the seatbelt, airbag or jolt. I hope the other driver is OK. I went over to him after the accident to see if he was OK He was pretty angry and didn't really want to talk so I went back to my car. Nothing visable on him but when I asked the officer, he told me his chest was hurting.

Well, here is what the Cruiser looks like.....

I was pretty down after the accident happened. I am still angry at myself for pulling out when I did but I guess this happens every day. This is my first accident of this nature.

There was a bright spot when I got home though. When I opened the scrren door there was a package sitting there. I immediately recognized the name on the box. I have been pretty inactive here at HT and it was a big surprise to see that box sitting there.

Inside I found a letter that read:

Hey Nick!!!
I didn't know if you had this or not but I thought of you as soon as I saw it last weekend at Milezone's. I hope you enjoy it!!!
Hope to see you at Autofest!
-Chris

Well, inside was a cool ROAD RATS BWF PT Cruiser!!!

Thanks Chris! I do not have it and never saw it before today!
I love the detail! I had to pull a loop out to check out what that spot was on the front quarter panel.

EYECANDY, you are the best!!! That RAOK couldn't have arrived on a better day!

Thank You!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash, Nick. Glad to hear that you didnt get hurt bad. Cars are fixable/replaceable, people generally arent.

GLad to hear the BWF PT brought a little brightness to your day, hope it all works out ok!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Glad your ok. My friend had an airbag deploy on him and he got some pretty serious burns from it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nick...glad to hear nobody was really hurt (except for the other driver's feelings). Interesting that both airbags deployed. Did you have a passenger in the front seat? Also judging from my monitor the impact looks rather harmless (despite the damage to the panels) so I'm actually surprised the driver's airbag deployed at all .... hummmmm

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Roy Nakamura said:
Nick...glad to hear nobody was really hurt (except for the other driver's feelings). Interesting that both airbags deployed. Did you have a passenger in the front seat? Also judging from my monitor the impact looks rather harmless (despite the damage to the panels) so I'm actually surprised the driver's airbag deployed at all .... hummmmm
I am not sure if the Cruiser had the passenger sensor in it or not. (it is a 2003) There was nobody in the seat but I had some papers and stuff on the seat.

I did not relly need the airbags in this accident either. I did not go flying toward the dash at all. The seatbelt did a good job at holding me in though. I got a nice purple seatbelt stripe on my collar bone.

I went to the garage that the Cruiser is at and the guys there think it is borderline as far as totalling it. We shall see what the adjuster says.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, Nick. I never trust people who have their signal on until they turn either. Maybe they put it on without thinking if the car in front does...like monkeys in a zoo. Then they fly around the car in front when they start to turn without looking. Hopefully the officers noted the guy had his signal on and there were witnesses. Glad the RAOK helped to put at least a little chear in your day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts