Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's from the Nascar Super Sound racing set. There should be another piece of track just like that one, but without the sound unit and lights. It's designed to work as a "pit" area. After a certain amount of laps, you are required to pit and if you drive over that track slowly, your car will go into the pit lane. It's a pretty neat idea, actually. The single lane pieces you have in the picture aren't installed correctly. The pit lane should parallel the main track.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
krazcustoms said:
It's from the Nascar Super Sound racing set. There should be another piece of track just like that one, but without the sound unit and lights. It's designed to work as a "pit" area. After a certain amount of laps, you are required to pit and if you drive over that track slowly, your car will go into the pit lane. It's a pretty neat idea, actually. The single lane pieces you have in the picture aren't installed correctly. The pit lane should parallel the main track.
I have three of them, and three of the other bits (with 'finish', '1' & '2' written on them?) plus some single lane pieces.

Are they worth anything?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The whole set those pieces came from about 5-6 years ago were selling at Kaybee toy and Hobby by me for $29.99 with 2 nice 440 tyco nascars.

They were clearancing piles of these sets out getting rid of them for Xmas.

Neat little set but that section of track tends to be a pain for racing after awhile.

Neat novelty item I suppose.....

:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That unit has the ability to count laps and reduce track power after a certain number of laps if you don't pit when it tells you. If you're into pirating and scratch building electronic devices it might be useful for another project. >?

:roll:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I have one of those sets...
It did take some time to figure out just how to hit the pit lane correctly to make the car enter the pits.. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts