Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have tried with some of there recent Mustang Renditons but something was always BAD wrong, out of scale, large wheels on back and small on front ECT. With this baby they pretty Much Nailed IT. A few missing details but they can be added easier than fixing other out of proportion things. For a .99 casting it will be TOUGH to beat!!!!!!!!

Factory HW 67' Shelby GT 500

Compaison with some GL Shelby GT 500's

Compaison with some GL Shelby GT 500's

Comparison with a GL GT 350

Of course i had to put some RUBBER on her to make her look like she was meant to.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've been dying to get a couple of those, but I can't justify the cost they're going for on the bay when you factor in shipping...

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
They really did a nice job on this Mustang and that wheel swap is the way this car should have come. This casting will definitely look good as a 100%, if they use the right wheels. Good job on the swap.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Nice job on the wheel swap, but the front end on that Shelby is a mess. The lines and proportions are way off.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
I think they did an excellent job on that baby... I can't wait to find a few for myself...
That's an outstanding job on the wheel swap too... Great choice of wheels also... I did a little detail to the front so far, and I'll do the rear after this paint dries !!!

I just won 4 of those GL Hertz Mustangs on ebay and they should be here today !!!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nice job on the wheel swap, but the front end on that Shelby is a mess. The lines and proportions are way off.
HWs cars are allmost never accurate, and this one is no exeption.
The roof is much lower than stock and the wheel openings aren't supposed to be perfectly rounded, etc, etc.
But hey, it's a nice looking car non-the-less!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[I just won 4 of those GL Hertz Mustangs on ebay and they should be here today !!!

So it was you who got them, i tried but the seller was redunkulous on shipping & wasnt willing to ship for actual cost! Make your $ or break even on the items and charge actuall shipping pretty simple concept really especially when usps gives you 90% of the supplies to ship!!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
So it was you who got them, i tried but the seller was redunkulous on shipping & wasnt willing to ship for actual cost! Make your $ or break even on the items and charge actuall shipping pretty simple concept really especially when usps gives you 90% of the supplies to ship!!!
I disagree as the USPS gives you 25% shipping supplies as they charge you
for Tape - Bubble Wrap - Peanuts ... Labels are on you if you dont ship
Priority

Boxes are Free, as well as the Labels if you ship everything Priority.

First Class - Parcel Post - Media Mail Boxes are on you as they dont make
the Boxes for those Services as the Post Office wants you to pay the
higher Priority prices.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I disagree as the USPS gives you 25% shipping supplies as they charge you
for Tape - Bubble Wrap - Peanuts ... Labels are on you if you dont ship
Priority

Boxes are Free, as well as the Labels if you ship everything Priority.

First Class - Parcel Post - Media Mail Boxes are on you as they dont make
the Boxes for those Services as the Post Office wants you to pay the
higher Priority prices.
ok 90% is high but boxes and if you orderd a good supply of the free priority tape a few years back it lasts a long time. My point is charging 8.50 -$10.50 for a car or 3 cars is insane when it cost $5.

Boxes r free, no need for tape, as they have the adhesive strip, sharpie writes well on the box so no need for labels, and old news papers make better packing than peanuts, or save your peanuts from previous shipments.

Most the time the difference between Priority and Parcel is mere cents, first class is a joke as it cost more most the time, Once again bottom line is MAIL PRIORITY as its safer, in 1000's packages i have never had one problem when using priority, but when the others were used it was nothing but headaches & it gets to you or them in 3 days or less.

Bottoms line is if you are gonna sell on epay you know you are gonna have to ship it part of the game, do it effiecient, do it smart and sell more items. The Very first thing i look at ( as well as many others do) is the shipping cost if its to high i move on. A $3 car looks good till you see 12.95 shipping!!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Ordering online from the USPS Website is not the same today if you are
starting to ship as nothing is Free anymore. I use First Class Mailing as
it is the same speed in delivery to Priority Mail but cheaper. It all depends
on what you are shipping to compare Parcel to Priority Mail Service to say
it is only cents that is different as I just shipped out a Box that was 10lbs
and the price was $4+ cheaper to Priority Mail. I will agree that you should
NOT pay $12.95 for 3-4 Cars to be mailed but you should not have a problem
if it is $2 more over the original shipping cost as supplies are not all free as
well as time and gas to get the package mailed out. eBay is not for everyone
but it works for me to buy when needed. You have to be a smart shopper
for sure when it comes to buying online, no doubt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts