Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a little something I worked on over the holidays. I've always wanted a nice replica of the Sentinel robot from The Matrix for my robot collection. Since nobody ever released a GK kit, I got tired of waiting. I took a Mcfarlane action figure, trimmed and sanded down the vinyl seams, and weathered it extensively with dry-brushed acrylic metal colors and Rub N Buff metallic wax. The "eyes" are coated with Future to give them that lens-like sheen. I'm really happy with the finish. I made the base with a 99 cent Michael's wooden plaque and a piece of brass rod.

I think it turned out pretty nice, and the price was right!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Great job on that, Scott! I think I might have tried for a bit more metallic finish on the body, but as with all things of art, it's your interpretation and I like it just fine as it is. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Griffworks said:
Great job on that, Scott! I think I might have tried for a bit more metallic finish on the body, but as with all things of art, it's your interpretation and I like it just fine as it is. :thumbsup:
Actually, in person it does look metallic, albeit a beat-up-&-corroded metallic. Metallic waxes are always hard to photo accurately, I think because of the way they reflect light. The copper and gold tints didn't register at all. I may try to do redo the pictures in natural sunlight,if it warms up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts