Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i am in need of help my batterys are getting terrible and ive heard of matching but i dont know what to match them by so can someone please tell me what i go by when matching them I have a ice charger if that helps anyone make a decsion.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Matching is done before you even recieve the cell. its not realy possible to match them once you have run them for a long period of time. matching is the process of the battery maker whoever that may be they get virgin cells from intalect and they zap them and do there own little power tricks to the cells. then after that they take the cells and put them on a competion electronics turbo matcher. then print out lables for each cell and put it on. then they take cells that produce similar voltage and runtime and put those 6 cells or those 4 cells into a box and sell them to the consumer for different prices depending on how much run time and power the cells in the box produce. so as you can see matching is not realy done once the cells are put togeather. it sounds to me like you just have some realy old batterys. they do need replacing every now and then.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
286 Posts
You may be thinking of equalizing them not matching them which basically means you need to buy a discharger and an equalizing tray such as the novak smart tray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts