Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys & Gals,
Does anyone know a way to research which cars fall under the various 'themes' within the Matchbox world?
For instance, there's the 'Park Ranger' vehicles which are all Mint green and have the same paint schemes, but will be in different 10-car segments...this year's Baja Bullet from the National Park series and the Ford F-550 Super Duty Fire Truck from the Brush Fire Rescue 5-Pack.
or the Chevy Stepside from this year's MBX Old Town series & the Volkswagen T2 Bus from last year's Outdoor Sportsman series...both of which have Blue Horse Farms Training logos on them...

Any help with this is appreciated.

Cheers,
Falcon1

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sadly there is no current database which would show any of these "themes". The National Parks theme has been going for quite a few years now and there are quite a few vehicles that fall into it. There is another coming as a 9/10-pack exclusive later in 2012 too.

Some models have small themes surrounding them too, although the National Parks is currently the longest running. The Ranec theme was started recently and currently includes a basic range Scraper, a basic range Skidster and a RWR (I forget which one). This is easy to remember in a way as there are so few vehicles. National Parks being the biggest is the hardest to remember what was in it from the beginning.

:) :D :p

·
Administrator
39,529 Posts
Fandom now has a page dedicated to these Matchbox 'liveries' as they label them. The Matchbox Forum members have been contributing to Fandom to make updates so I would guess their site also now has this information. The page at Fandom also includes some castings which share the same logos but I wouldnt call them a true series of vehicles - yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts