Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
H i I am in the process of building a 1976 matchbox display and I need streakers. There are 10 for this year. The streaker line only lasted 2 years 1975 to 1976. As a young boy with 75 to choose from I would not have choosen a streaker so I see why. In 1975 there were 5 models released and 5 more in 76 and it appears to me that the tampos were the same for both years on the first 5 models. 1975 release #40 (vauxhall) Guildsmau #41 Siva Spyder #07 Hairy Hustler # 66 Mazda RX500 #51 Citroen SM The 1976 year add #27 Lamorghini Countach #33 Datsun 126X # 53 Tanzara # 60 Lotus Super Seven # 75 Alfa Carabo. I have also found some of these same cars identified as superfast without the tampos, I will keep looking at shows for these cars but any help would be appreaciated. All I have at this time is what is in the pics. I put the superfast model beside the streaker

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
whats a streaker? name of a series? a car that did something different than the regular line? and which one in the pic is the streaker? thanks someone told me about this thread. i posted some of what i have on a thread -$15 mbx yard sale finds.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
willieace, the yellow #66 Mazda RX 500 all the way at the right is the only non-streaker.
Streakers were the cars Hotwheelergeo listed and had the tampos (graffix) as shown in the picture.
The remainder of Lesney's 1-75 line-up did not have these tampoes...thankfully. ;)
And you could find most if not all of these models pre-'75 without the tampos.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
willieace, the yellow #66 Mazda RX 500 all the way at the right is the only non-streaker.
Streakers were the cars Hotwheelergeo listed and had the tampos (graffix) as shown in the picture.
The remainder of Lesney's 1-75 line-up did not have these tampoes...thankfully. ;)
And you could find most if not all of these models pre-'75 without the tampos.
thnx Lummox!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If others wanted to see many examples of streakers you will see pictures on the matchbox forum on a thread titled $15 mbx yard sale finds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts