Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had already posted these two to get some feedback on special stories attached to them. They seem to be Code 2 models. The first is the BMW, and it appears that these were promotional items for BP Netherlands in about 1988. Nice detail: box was still sealed. So yes, I obviously keep the box but I cracked it, first person since it left the assembly line. I'd like to think it is fairly limited (not using the evil die cast word "rare" here).

The Beetle is another Code 2, I believe. Again, I already gave a preview of it but nobody responded which means I don't know if this shop really existed and if this promo item is for real. I'm not a cardboard collector by any means, but again, I shall keep this box.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
The BMW is really great. A very unique convertible with the windows up. Good for you letting it breath for the first time in 24 years. I would keep the box as well, for it is also "vintage". :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
on the beetle box, what is the adress, because the area code 301 is or used to be for the state of maryland in the u.s.right under the phone numbers..

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
on the beetle box, what is the adress, because the area code 301 is or used to be for the state of maryland in the u.s.right under the phone numbers..
Well, it says:

9633 Woodsboro Pke (Md Rt. 194) Walkersville 4 Miles North On Rt. 194 From Rt. 26

Edit: those muppets from Tyco put the VW logo on upside down. Front and back of the car. Pfff!

Double edit: http://www.fcarnahan.com/pg/code.html << info on Code 2. Looks like there was a time when every shop that was happy to pay for it could get a Code 2 promo car done....and the 1996 copyright on the back of the Beetle box fits that note.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts