Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Matchbox/Lesney Jennings Cattle Truck No.7

I picked the trailer up a while ago in a lot that I bought. I didn't have the cab, but thought it was pretty cool and it sat on my shelf UPSTAIRS. A couple weeks ago, I helped out a local guy with a car and a few days later we met up at Walmart and he had the cab for me as a thank you, knowing I like older Matchbox. He didn't know I had the trailer and I didn't realize it went with the trailer so it went on my shelf DOWNSTAIRS. Tonight, I was looking at the trailer on the shelf and the bulb came on! I love this stuff and I feel like I just found 10 Super Treasure Hunts:p:)No, make that better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Now if my dumbazz could find the proper cab for this trailer (not the correct on in the pic) without knowing it right away, I would be VERY happy.:D

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The cab and the trailer finally meet again, two lost souls now with their lives completed. It was meant to be!
Makes you wonder if somehow that;s the origonal cab for that trailer. It could happen! :)

Great story!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
z06...I believe i've found a pic of the proper blue tractor for your trailer... Check "Die Cast Collecting...the Fantasmagorical Neverending Diecast Thread...page 327 #4898". :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is the one. Thanks. Someday!

z06...I believe i've found a pic of the proper blue tractor for your trailer... Check "Die Cast Collecting...the Fantasmagorical Neverending Diecast Thread...page 327 #4898". :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I wouldn't bother painting the green cab blue myself, because it's the wrong era to begin with.
the blue trailer is '50s era, and the green tractor is '60s era.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Roadrunner, z06, you both beat me to it! I was going to post a pic of my blue Lesney transporter...

(look familiar?)

... but you guys beat me to it! It's a part of my collection of Matchbox car carriers that includes one that I had as a boy. I'm using it in this photo to display a part of my Corvair Diecast collection:

That's it in the middle right, next to "Old Blue", in this group photo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts