Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
thanks for the very interesting link, Liv. :thumbsup:

It was refreshing to see metal MBX cars that looked realistic, not all covered with goofy tampos...

:wave:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
yup you know it's an older reel because there are no 4 yr old asian kids making them with a guy on a platform beating the drumm for them to work.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys.... That video was sent to me by a friend, so I figured I would share it ....

Wouldn't be great to step back into time and buy everything in that factory. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.... That video was sent to me by a friend, so I figured I would share it ....

Wouldn't be great to step back into time and buy everything in that factory. :thumbsup:
Some people have to rethink the term "factory mint" as opposed to "loose mint".

Guy 1: "oh, you took it out of the pack, it's not worth much any more now."
Guy 2: "do you know how many hands it went through in the factory and people didn't wear white gloves when they did their job?" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Very cool. Thanks. It was I who was asking about video. That was still cool despit ring dated. It's amazing how fast they punched out wheels even back then.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts

Guy 2: "do you know how many hands it went through in the factory and people didn't wear white gloves when they did their job?" :rolleyes:

Amazing how many sets of hands touched each car before it was put into its box.

I bet it's a whole lot less today.

Mike

·
Registered
14,324 Posts

Yeah. Funny how people have the idea that everything in a package comes from a sterile, laboratory-like environment. Very few things do, certainly not toy cars.

Reminds me of a show I saw where some guy was showing off his sneaker collection. He took a brand new pair out of the box and licked the sole with his tongue... I got news for you buddy, they're new, but they ain't that clean! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts