Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They used to be so cool though. I see the Corvettes and the mess they made out of them . UGGHH !!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there executives have ever been to a Fle Market or small local toy shows to get an appreciation for the collectors market. Oh well there lost $$$. Because I don't think I bought more than 10 of there mainlines this year .

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A prime example of what the collector does for them is Zellers. They raised the price to $1.99 and Walmart is at $ 1.33. Zellers was a great spot at $1.49. Collectors bought 20 at a time when new cases came in. At $1.99, they haven't received a case in over a month. WE are the old guys WITH THE MONEY!!. We will buy what we like and if we don't like it, we won't but it. LET THEM KNOW!!
I don't really think they are smart enough to figure it out themselves.

Unfortunately I don't think there executives have ever been to a Fle Market or small local toy shows to get an appreciation for the collectors market. Oh well there lost $$$. Because I don't think I bought more than 10 of there mainlines this year .

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I rarely buy MBX. Very few American muscle made.
+1 I rarely buy them too...not just because of no Camaros or anything like that :p It would be nice if they finally did a 5th gen.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Tell them!!
The Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt changed because of collectors.
Let them know!!

http://service.mattel.com/us/ContactUs.aspx
the THs change is because mattel wanted to make it look like they were trying to help us out.trust me they do not care ,they do love to help out the seconday market by stirring the pot on their site.as far as MBs they are selling well in my area and i like them but that's me.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
While a few of the matchbox cars have been bad this year, I understand that they are kids toys. I will always prefer a MB over a HW anyday.

All the complaining about colored wheels, do people not realize that there are ALOT more HW's that have blue or brown or other color wheels?

·
Registered
994 Posts
While a few of the matchbox cars have been bad this year, I understand that they are kids toys. I will always prefer a MB over a HW anyday.

All the complaining about colored wheels, do people not realize that there are ALOT more HW's that have blue or brown or other color wheels?
Besides, it's not all doom and gloom-some of the current matchbox still have excellent detailing, even though most of the line is now kiddy stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts