Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is reported that most of the bodies, both original and licensed, will be full diecast. An exception being the "Sub-Seeker" which will contain more plastic.

** LICENSED **

1970 Datsun 510…
This model will be among the first regular line vehicles to incorporate the direct ink jet process, so expect extra paint decoration.

2016 Fiat 500X (left), 2015 Jeep Gladiator Concept (right)…
The Gladiator will feature a newly tooled 5-spoke wheel design, not directly modeled after the Jeep wheel however.

Toyota Tacoma with tent…
The bed will be finished, and the tent will be removable.

1995 Chevy G30 with motorcycle…
Based on a former search and rescue van turned adventure vehicle.

Ghe-O Predator…

2015 Subaru WRX STi police car…
Location of emergency lights to be determined.

1951 Hudson Hornet police car…
Four-doors, with siren and auxiliary lights that will be diecast.

Volvo FMX Fire Engine…

(No Picture)

Mercedes-Benz 6x6…

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BMW i3…

1990 VW Golf 4x4 Country…

1959 Chevy Brookwood Wagon…
Boat will be removable.

2016 Chevy Camaro Convertible…
Car will feature a "correctly" modeled underbody.

1966 Nissan Junior Pickup…

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
** ORIGINALS ** (un-licenced)

"Sanora Shredder"…
Based on American trophy trucks of the "60's and 70's"

"Duk-Duk Truck"…

"Snow Thrasher"…

"Sub-Seeker"…

"Tuk-Tuk"…
Tuk-Tuk is expected to use a newly tooled motorcycle wheel that is in proportion with the vehicle.

"Speed Trap Trailer"…

"TinForcer Patrol Boat"…
This boat will feature diecast hull and upper structure.

"Arctic Rescue"…

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a van guy, I'm looking forward to that G30 as well!
Minus the motorcycle, it's basically a high-top ambulance which is also very cool.

For the first time in a long time, there seem to be a good deal of collector focused castings (not injections :lol:) coming out, both licensed and even unlicensed. The grown-ups will be happy, and you know the kids will be too!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
510 sedan is cool and will go nice with Hot Match's 510 wagon.

'66 Nissan pu is refreshingly different. May have seen one in my life in rust free AZ.
And it'll look nice with more accurate rims and the roll bar snipped off.

Thanks for the info Dr. F!!!

Lumb

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correct Mike. Based on the duck boats, many of which were/are repurposed for amphibious tours in various locales, we have them here in the Florida Keys. Though they're probably not WWII vintage, since ours look more like barge hulls, riding on school bus chassis, and topped with the cab from a Chevy Kodiak.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
One of the nicest assortment of new models in a long time. I really like that '59 Chevy wagon and the Hudson police car - as well as the Subie police, Volvo fire truck (great to see a foreign fire truck being added to the line-up. :smile2:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
In the presentation they said that the tooling for the Volvo FMX isn't actually beyond the planning stage yet. The 66 Nissan Junior could still be tweaked and improved, word was that "this is pretty much how it's going to look but it's not the final version". The Mattel guy who did the presentation at the Gathering also said that the Brookwood is based on a car that one of his family members owns.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
We have something like that here in Halifax

Correct Mike. Based on the duck boats, many of which were/are repurposed for amphibious tours in various locales, we have them here in the Florida Keys. Though they're probably not WWII vintage, since ours look more like barge hulls, riding on school bus chassis, and topped with the cab from a Chevy Kodiak.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The Mattel guy who did the presentation at the Gathering also said that the Brookwood is based on a car that one of his family members owns.
Which reminds me.
It looks like the grill opening is filled with a row of 10 headlights.
Looks not even remotely close to a '57 Chev grill.
Let's hope it's a pre-production thing.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
OOPS! Of course it most certainly is. Thanks for the correct :thumbsup:

Typo or brain fart, take you pick! :D

Either way, the grill bares little resemblance to any '59 Chevy...or any other car for that matter.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I see a slight resemblance. That's a bad pic. And, with a fine tip sharpie and a silver tip, I could make you see it! It is a Matchbox, after all! Next to Dinky, those were mah CARS! LOL!

Doug

1 - 20 of 25 Posts