Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the same casting. and a few more from the set. They are a premier edition called cars of yester years. I have a 70 road runner from the set. Its green with a Go wing. I can't remember what the other ones I haave from that set. They are a very nice casting. Lots of detail

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is this car from?
as in series or release?
I would have to dig out the box to give an exact production date but I'm pretty certain it was a mail in piece through the MB Club. I know it has a certificate numbering it.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
That's a nice one Keith... I used to collect a few of the the MB 1/43, but they didn't look like that one... They were nice looking castings, but had funky, cheep looking wheels on them... I had a Challanger, a 70 Chevelle, a 68 Mustang Cobra Jet, and a few more... I really like those wheels on that on, much, much better than the ones I had... Don't know what the difference of the series were though !!!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
what is this car from?
as in series or release?
http://www.micksmodelworld.com/MATT...moythematchboxamericanmusclecarcollection.htm

Matchbox has been running the Models of Yesteryear line for a long time with sub-series of muscle cars, fire trucks and generally a lot of vintage cars. I know the American market is quite spoiled with muscle cars and a lot of them in great quality. I have a few others and I have to say that the quality is great. I'd recommend them any time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts