Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

We are a Florida Estate Service company, handling a north Florida Estate of a deceased model collector. We are posting here as we believe some in this forum may have an interest in this sale.

The estate contains thousands of model kits, mostly car. And almost all in brand new condition. The decedent was an avid collector of all types, plastic, resin, die-cast – both older and newer. He just stored the model kits away in boxes, never opening or touching them.

In addition to the model kits, there are also countless accessories and associated modeling items.

His entire estate is being sold via online auction. There are no minimums. Everything will be sold, regardless of the price it brings.

We do not typically sell models, so we do not have a large buyer base for this type of product. This being the case, we are reaching out to those in the modeling community who have a specific interest in models. This auction may present some great purchase opportunities where you will be able to purchase models at bargain prices.

We know he spent tens of thousands of dollars on the models and there are some very good models in this auction. Most are being sold in large group lots.

The online catalog is posted and you are able to register and start bidding. Pre-bidding is open now. The sale closes out with a live online auction webcast on August 19t. It is very easy to register and bid. I believe most will sell at bargain prices.

We can ship these lots.

All of the sale details & photo gallery can be found at our sale page:
floridaestatesalesexperts.com/florida-estate-sale-auction-8-15

Thank you for your time and please email or call if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

Malcolm
Florida Estate Sales

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
"He just stored the model kits away in boxes, never opening or touching them."

That's dedication!!!

"Most are being sold in large group lots."

Oh dear. So that's what happens...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,237 Posts
I expect this is what my wife will be doing after I kick the bucket.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
From what I saw it was mostly AMT cars and more or less common stuff. And not terribly old. Kits from the 90s and early 2000s.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Yes. Everything we modelers hold near and dear to clear the house of "all his junk" as my wife puts it will be sold after our demise. I'm not sure but I believe my wife has afoot plans for such as soon as the casket hits the dirt! :p

Lol! She tolerates my hobby only because it keeps me at home and out of trouble but I know she will be glad to have it gone.;)

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Wife and my 2 boys at least know the value so I know they won't just give the stuff away at garage sale prices.
In the end they probably will. You pretty much never get what you put into it, back. I had a long time customer (WW2 vet) who passed away and his widow had to get rid of his 50 year old kit stash. I think I wound up paying $20 a box for big, appliance size boxes (3 or 4 foot square). She had no list of kits, no idea of what was there, if anything was complete or not (he took all the clear parts out of airplanes and packed them in a big box, same with decals and instructions). I just had her bring a dozen boxes by my shop every week or two until they were gone. She probably made about $1400. Some of the kits were in the $500 range per kit on ebay (rare, big motorized Tamiya kits from the 60s).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts