Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bump up for my home track!

I'm really looking forward to this race. I know its not even close to being the most prestigious 1/4 scale race of the year, but it should be a lot of fun with tight competition. Just a one day show, a slightly higher $25 entry fee, but with specials like a tire roll and door prizes, including cash I believe. It should be a good time for anyone who can make it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Bump up for my home track!

I'm really looking forward to this race. I know its not even close to being the most prestigious 1/4 scale race of the year, but it should be a lot of fun with tight competition. Just a one day show, a slightly higher $25 entry fee, but with specials like a tire roll and door prizes, including cash I believe. It should be a good time for anyone who can make it.
Glad to see the Mason-Dixon race being revived . Back in 99 when I started 1/4 scale the race was run in the fall , end of September if I remember right . Back then a good half dozen or so the from the Great Lakes club would go down and try our luck as did some from the other Northern tracks . We always had a good time .

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Good to see the Mason Dixon race revived. I wish I could attend. A bit of History on this race. When Craig Phral considered building the track I talked with him and said you build it we will come race on it. I put a challenge out that the northern guys would out run the southern guys. That became the annual Mason Dixon race. Don't remember who beat who but I know it was one heck of a good time racing there. Even got to go down the street on a few occasions to watch the full size cars run. Met Joe Gibbs at the Greenvillle Pickens speedway as his son was racing that night.
Any way have a great race and maybe next year.:wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts