Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a little late but here's the flyer for the race. Big class will be the 8 second breakout trucks. Come try your hand at Breakout racing cap tire style.

Also check out our facebook page under The Oval at Carolina R/C Complex, its in the works but like us for updates and weekly results.

mason dixon.png

·
Registered
640 Posts
Tom you may want to contact the hobbie shop for a spot. This isn't the hobby shop posting this is someone just doing post for the event and started a face book page to post results and updates about the track and events. :wave:,

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thinking about coming down but not sure what class? How hard are the 13.5 0 timing class cars to get to handle? Do you run the bodies (COT) the way they are, new or old style, or does it matter?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
two weeks away, hope to see some old faces join us again.
Always had a good time at Easley. This summer I decided to stay home. After traveling all over the SC, NC, TN, FL and other places for 15 years. It has gotten harder to make those 5 to 8 hour drives and the cost of gas has not made it any better.

Hope you have a great race.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Thinking about coming down but not sure what class? How hard are the 13.5 0 timing class cars to get to handle? Do you run the bodies (COT) the way they are, new or old style, or does it matter?
13.5 is open body. The cars are easy to make handle, a little harder to make fast and efficient.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Nick, I thought that most FLa racers are allergic to CAPS. There are a few cap lovers down here, just not enough?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I've had a couple folks email me about breakout rules. Basically there arent any, other than 10th scale pan car with either a truck body for 8 second and a car body for 7 second. You can run any tire, andy battery, any motor you choose, just dont break out. Its easy not to break out, its a lot harder to run 8.0 for 6 minutes. oh and the heats are 6 minutes and for trucks the mains are 10...the cars are 6 min.

nick

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i have also had a few questions about 13.5 and wanted to point out that the rules on the carolinarc website for 13.5 are last years rules. This year we are running open body w/wing. sorry for any confusion this may cause, you can run a cot if you like, it can run quite well also. I just realized this morning when so many pm's were asking about cot bodies.

nick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts