·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I really appreciate when people go to the effort to share their techniques like this. I always learn a lot. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! wakka wakka!

Next up: How to drybrush. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
LOL - glad to see I'm not the only one who applies putty with his fingers!

I stumbled across Bondo Sot & Glazing putty a couple of years ago after Testors got rid of their red putty. Great stuff!

Thanks for the video.

Rob
Iwata Padawan

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe you should star. Zombie Lesbians from the Eighth Dimension would look good with a little putty, "Detective Noodleman"

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
maybe you should star. Zombie Lesbians from the Eighth Dimension would look good with a little putty, "Detective Noodleman"
I've wondered how someone could work John's "nom du film" in on a discussion without going off topic. Nice work!! The video is pretty good too :D

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay, so...

what is missing from this video or the other one I made that ModelManTom seems to have in abundance?

Y'know, just asking because I wanna make high-quality stuff for people to enjoy. I mean, MMT is awesome the way he does his videos and I actually am taking his lead by doing these.

Should I bother doing any more?

Sure would love some tips and suggestions on how to do top-shelf videos.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Crank 'em dude!
No audio here at the job, but will check 'em out later tonight.
And- thanks for the nod! 'Preciate it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Keep at it, I say! I have several books, articles, etc. about techniques, but it is always very nice to see them actually demonstrated :cool:

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Short videos about technique will always be welcome!!!!!! It is a great way to learn.
I know what you mean. It's tough to sit thru long vids. Sitting thru my own while taping, reviewing, posting and then reviewing again means I watch the same footage about four times before I never have to watch it again. And if I do any editing, that means I have to watch it even more.

I'm glad YT tops out at 10 mins as its real easy to keep going. It's actually difficult to make short vids. I just did a modeling tip insert for an upcoming scale model addict episode which had to be about 1-2 mins. Dang if I didn't do a full dozen takes trying to crush the same info down to that small an amount of time! My own full length version of the same thing was 6 mins and posted on my own page a couple months ago.

Keep 'em going Mage! Before you get too far ahead though, make sure you name the vids you got so people can find them easier. :) I've found playlists to be very handy in organizing them further.

Looking forward to more!
Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts