Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Joe,
Things have been going pretty good. I've been racing as much as I can around here.

BTW, if you and Ryan need pit space we will have plenty of it.

See you at Vicksburg.

Kevin,
Have you guys made a pit lane for gas truck at the track yet? I'm planning on racing gas again this weekend. See you then.

Brayden

Fantom Racing
Renblast Graphics
Raceday RC

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Nope, no gas lane as of right now, but we'll look at that tomorrow night. We plan on going to the track to fine-tune and play about 6pm if you wanna come out.

Jesse, we all know that nothing is guaranteed, but I do know we will be allowed to camp at the track for MARS. As for things that will go wrong.... I expect the track to rut horribly, it might rain, and we might lose power and run out of toilet paper. If there weren't little disasters it would not be the mars experience. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Brayden-Yeah, We will need a little help with a place to pit so if you can help out with that it would be awesome. I talked to Jason and he said he is going to race at Vicksburg for sure. We are all going to run Modified Buggy and Modified Truck. Ryan and I might bring our 4wd also.

One of the main reasons why I came back for this race again is because how awesome the VORR crew is with track preparation and smooth race schedule.

What tires should I plan on bringing? I have a good idea but just want to be sure.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Joe, I'll be running mod buggy too. I've only run proline steps on my buggy at our track and they seem fine to me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kevin,
Couldn't make it out tonight.

Joe,
No, problem on the pitting. I'll be running mod buggy for sure, and then either 4wd or mod truck, or all 3. Speaking of mod truck, I still need to get the new truck. You might wanna bring some ifmar pins or bigshots if the track drys up.

Brayden

Fantom Racing
Renblast Graphics
Raceday RC

·
Registered
35 Posts
What has the turnouts been for the first three races? How many people do you expect at VORR? I just want to get a good idea if their will be enough time for Ryan and I to run 4wd.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Joe,
Munson has been running 4 classes at MARS. I have not been to a MARS race yet though, but I bet there will be plenty of time. I am definately going to try and run all 3.

Brayden
Fantom Racing
Renblast Graphics
Raceday RC

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Note: Munson has a pitman to help him. I don't think he could run 4 classes without him.

There have been (I believe) 18 heats at each of the first three. I am running stock truck (A, heat 10), Mod buggy (A, heat 12) and Mod Truck (A, Heat 16). It's been really hectic for me. I'm considering dropping to two classes for our VORR race since I'll be doing some announcing too. I'm looking for some volunteers to announce a few races (anyone?). I do expect there will be a higher turnout than the 145-ish we've been getting. I really like the shorter day, I just picked the wrong year to run three classes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay thanks. I have a good feeling that Vicksburg will have the most entries for the series. I remember back in the day when they had like over 300. Those were the days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its been awhile since I have been to one of these races so I have like 2 questions. What time does practice open on friday? And what time does racing start on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Noon on Friday at the latest for open Practice and racing starts at 9am Sat.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts