Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something I just finished after nearly 2 years of work. The scene depicts an emergency landing in the deserts south of Olympus Mons; you can see the escarpment in the distance rising nearly 4 miles above the plain.

The base is plywood and ceramic tiles. The backdrop was painted with watercolor and acrylics.

The ships are the Glencoe Mars Liner kit ("Solar Flare" ) and my scratch-bashed MARRV spaceplane. MARRV stands for Mars Advanced Rapid Response Vehicle.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Absolutely Brilliant Trekkriffic...:thumbsup:
Excellent job....
Mcdee

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice job on the background! Great perspective! Foreground is well done too! Mars Liner has suffered more than a "flat tire" I take it?

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Nice work! I really like this pic. You got teh depth of field and focus really great!

An orange or red source light and it will be perfect! Did you do much Mars photo research or just wing it?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work! I really like this pic. You got teh depth of field and focus really great!

An orange or red source light and it will be perfect! Did you do much Mars photo research or just wing it?
Yes. I have a sheet of red tracing paper I was thinking of using in front of the light bulb to give things a red tint; for some reason I didn't try it for this photo session. Or I may just go out and buy a red light bulb. Unfortunatley not all the pics were in focus, in particular some shots of the MARRV and pilots where the camera focused on the rocks in the mid ground rather than the foreground. I plan on going back and taking a few more pics adjusting the aperture for better depth of field.
I also plan on doing some green screen work for something REALLY special ! Stay tuned for more !

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job on the background! Great perspective! Foreground is well done too! Mars Liner has suffered more than a "flat tire" I take it?
Yes. I have a whole backstory about fried transistors aboard the liner causing a guidance system malfunction and near asteroidal collision. Luckily, the MARRV arrives in time to save the day ! More on that to follow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts