Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I wonder how many people will light up the light pole? The Martian looks nice and the whole things has a good paint job.

Thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was wondering about the helmet too? Also, does anyone know the scale? The Martian paintjob looks great. The victim and the base paintjob just so-so.
Bob

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
OK, that sculpt is absolutely diabolical! And I mean that as a complement. Another home run for Moebius!

As for the helmet, it will probably be in the final kit. What we're looking at here is likely a resin copy of the original sculpt. I'm not terribly familiar with resin casting, but it may simply be too difficult to cast up a nice, perfectly clear dome. We may not see the helmet until Moebius gets a test shot back from the factory.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Does indeed look diabolically great:thumbsup:

Love the Martians face (obviously a bit different from the film versions) and the melting man.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
OK, that sculpt is absolutely diabolical! And I mean that as a complement. Another home run for Moebius!

As for the helmet, it will probably be in the final kit. What we're looking at here is likely a resin copy of the original sculpt. I'm not terribly familiar with resin casting, but it may simply be too difficult to cast up a nice, perfectly clear dome. We may not see the helmet until Moebius gets a test shot back from the factory.

It looks slightly rough around the respirator type thing on the front neck area so you could be right. I suppose the helmet will require a different type of tooling to the other parts.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Remember, kids, it's based on the trading cards, NOT the movie.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It does look pretty cool, and the helmet would be a solid color as it is a prototype and you would not be able to see the martians head thru it if it were in place I would imagine...hence, no helmet.:)
Too bad there was not a box mockup of the prisoner. I have one on order JUST for the FL box!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Just a little disappointed that the base is a single-piece mold (I'd love it if the victim was a separate assembly), but heck, the cool Martian is the point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you were hit with an alien death laser you would be moulded to the base too!
We come in peace! (not!)
Ack Ack Ack

Someone smell steak cooking?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts