Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 840 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to start a thread dedicated to discussions concerning running quarter scales with R/CAR at Marion County Fairgrounds RC Raceways in Indy...The BIG PAVED OVAL.

We have a "D" shaped oval with a run line around 600 feet & 40 foot wide lanes

Next season we will offer a sizable quarter scale dirt oval to our program.

The plan is to work with the good folks at Ingalls Speedway and provide Indy and the midwest two new & different choices to run the big RC cars.

We plan to contact QSAC and do this deal right...but we're in the growing stages at this point.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have open practice on Fridays starting at 2pm...so feel free to bring out your cars and see what they can do on Indy's "Big Paved Oval".

Practice is $5

Jerry Morgan,John Foster,and Jason Crist are a few a the quarter scales guys that have turned hot laps at our facility.
I know a few of the guys plan to bring their cars out this Friday if anyone cares to join them.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are considering a non sanctioned race for the guys to get out and let these cars eat on the big track.

The date was to be Sept12 but interest has been minimal because of other events scheduled in the race community.

Please give us some feedback on interest for that date.

If it does not work out we can have a race towards the end of outdoor season to give you guys a taste of the place.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!

And remember anyone can come out on Fridays for five bucks and have a test session or just have some fun.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's a video of some race action from the new track in Indy.

The off road track will not be in the infield next season...it will be a quarter scale dirt oval.And keep in mind this was after just a few months work.We have a solid agenda for improvement in the spring...we just wanted to have some fun with it late this summer.

There is some quarter scale action at the end of the video.

·
Registered
751 Posts
12th looks good, Will have 3-4 sportsmans and 2 sprint out of my trailer. And I can try the offroad. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Joey

We would like to get some sort of roll call on here...so guys speak up if you want us to run the race on Sept12.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes...and we will have a Slash short coarse near by as well.

A lot of us have taken a 8th scale Late Model body and mounted it on the Slashes.All you have to do is flip the front bumper over.They look very cool on the track and we might be running them inside this winter.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Race

HEY GUYS I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST GO AHEAD WITH REGULAR SHOW AND ADD 1/4 SCALES LETS JUST START A LITTLE EARLIER THAN WE NORMALY DUE MAYBE START WITH 1/4 SCALE QUALIFYING AT 4.30 AND THEN PUT THEM LAST ON RACE EVENT JUST A THOUGHT I KNOW TRACK NEEDS FUNDS TO HELP GROW JUST A THOUGHT..:hat::hat::hat:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Slash latemodel I'm in. Trying to see what needs to be gotten for the winter. 2 sons and me. so far I got the slash, What is the rules for the slider class?

Joey

·
Registered
751 Posts
Any body interested in getting a 1/4 scale Let me know. I have 3 cars and a sprint thats going to need a home. Nedd to get indoor stuff LOL
Joey
502 643-fifty one ninty one

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Slash latemodel I'm in. Trying to see what needs to be gotten for the winter. 2 sons and me. so far I got the slash, What is the rules for the slider class?

Joey
Losi Slider(Indy Rules)

Losi box stock Slider with the following allowed upgrades....although they can be ran completely stock.
-Any radio gear
-13.5 with any speed control
-Team Orion 2400 Spec Lipo
-64pitch spur/pinion upgrade

Any non-performance enhancing parts Ok...
Examples:
-No bend steel axles
-CVD's
-Metal gears in tranny

We have a great onsite hobby shop that guarantee's everything cheaper than anyone else(Pennington's RC).

They are ran without the top wing...seems everyone has a front wing of some sort(we allow you to be creative there).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great video! That really makes me want to try your track with my 1/4 scale sportsman, but I'll be in New York on the weekend of the 12th for the Hostile BajaFest 1/5th scale off-road bonanza. I'm working on a back-up car that I'll set-up for Marion County. You'll see me very soon.

Nice job on the tracks!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks...hopefully I'll be willing a Cat5 Sportsman next season at our facility.

And remember we will have a quarter scale dirt oval next season on site.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jerry Morgan had his unlimited Late Model on the Big Paved Oval this evening...wow it seemed awful fast!

1 - 20 of 840 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.