Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Had a question about a Mario Andretti diecast. Has anyone ever bought one of these Mario Andretti "slot cars" off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVELL-MONOGRAM-67-Ford-Fairlane-Mario-Andretti-85-4895_W0QQitemZ270506040599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item3efb6a9d17#ht_2983wt_859

Was thinking of getting a Diecast autographed by Mario but pickings are very slim.. There are some indy cars, but not sure where the drivers sign these, Have never seen one autographed & not sure if the signature would "PoP" in the display case?

also, Do these Slot cars display nicely? I dont want to buy something that just doesnt fit in well with the other diecast in my collection..

I should mention, I collect mainly nascar 1/24 scale, elite or action diecast.. This this car would go well with the collection?

Thanks for all your help..

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
Well first off slot cars are plastic, not diecast. That being said, if that isn't a deal-breaker for you . . .

This car is 1:32nd scale so it is a little smaller than your 1:24 stuff . . . however these are sold mounted to the black base as shown with a clear acrylic case, inside a window box cardboard sleeve. If you keep the car in the display it would probably take about as much room as a loose 1:24 car in a display case.

The local hobby place has these and they are nice -- model quality as you'd expect from Revell-Monogram.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since its plastic, think it would hold up being shipped to & from mario andretti's fan mail address, or would it prolly break in the mail?

Thanks for the info.. i had no clue these were plastic.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
As long as it packed properly with some padding, it should be fine. Definitely use a BOX and not a padded envelope . . . slot cars hate padded envelopes. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have that car and it is a beauty. There are over 20 sponsor tampos on the front fenders and a "Mario Andretti" in black script type about 1/8" high over the white #11 on the doors. It is beautifully detailed right down to the silver painted lug nuts. The display box it comes in is 7 1/4" wide, 2 5/8" high, and 3 1/2" deep. It has a black base and crystal clear top with a cardboard sleeve that has the Monogram logo. It displays nicely with or without the sleeve. Hope this helps
-Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts