Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Had a question about a Mario Andretti diecast. Has anyone ever bought one of these Mario Andretti "slot cars" off ebay?

Was thinking of getting a Diecast autographed by Mario but pickings are very slim.. There are some indy cars, but not sure where the drivers sign these, Have never seen one autographed & not sure if the signature would "PoP" in the display case?

also, Do these Slot cars display nicely? I dont want to buy something that just doesnt fit in well with the other diecast in my collection..

I should mention, I collect mainly nascar 1/24 scale, elite or action diecast.. This this car would go well with the collection?

Thanks for all your help..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wanted to post a link of the ebay auction but wont let me till i have a better rating.. sorry

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
If it was me I would buy the 1/24 Cars as the Signature would pop as
you stated. Here's something to remember in Autographs from Drivers,
When you give them a Car that is small in size this usually cramps there
style of writing and usually the Signature looks fake or out of place when
being Signed and Displayed. Get a large scale Car and the Driver wont
have to cram in there Signature on the Car in where you want it. Oh and
never have them Sign your name to the Car just incase you ever need
to resale later down the road. No one wants To Bob on a Car when your
name is Tim who is buying the Car...LOL

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Riggs,

First, let me offer a sincere welcome to the Hobby Talk family! Were thrilled you have become a member and joined in the fun. As for your questions, I agree right down the line with Liv N Low on this.

I can't say I have ever seen a 1:64 with a sig that looked that good. Besides, you already stated that you collect 1:24 so this model would truly look right at home. Speaking for me personally, I don't like autographs on my cars, I prefer the clear portion of the outer box, but I guess that I am somewhat alone on that position.

The fact that those slots are plastic should not make any different to the presentation as a whole. In the line up, it all looks correct. That's a wonderful choice for a car as well, wouldn’t mind having one of those myself!

You’ve got a great idea for a new thread here a s well....show us your Andretti cars!

Welcome aboard,
Ward

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I actually have a Racing Champions 1:24 scale autographed indy car from back around 1995, I think. I also have an Andretti Racing hat signed by Michael, Mario, and John Andretti on the brim of the hat. I got both of them from the Andretti Racing souvenier trailer at the Miami Grand Prix. The autograph is in silver and looks pretty nice against the car. I'll have to dig it out and get a pic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a diecast Mario signed car

I have a 1:24 SCALE MARIO ANDRETTI #6 TEXACO KMART TEAM NEWMAN-HAAS 1994 ARRIVEDERCI TOUR EDITION FORD LOLA INDY CAR by RACING CHAMPIONS. I got it signed this past weekend by Mario Andretti in a gold paint pen at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing it?

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
So you joined just to sell an item? Oh well, to each his own...welcome aboard anyway. I hope you will enjoy Hobby Talk and stick around with us, it's a great group of guys!

I was at Barber on Saturday, but could not make it back Sunday. Was it a good turn out? I though the car count was very light, but the quality was super. All in all, a good first event for Bobby. What did you think of the weekend?

Ward

1 - 8 of 8 Posts