Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, just being silly with all the boat threads.

what boat model would you like PL to do?

I'd like to see an S. S. Minnow to fit in with the other TV related models they've done recently.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Did I ever say anything about a cute little sub called the NAUTILUS that is LONG OVER DUE in styrene and at least in 1/72 scale!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How about a REAL model of the Seaquest, as the version that "other" company did was a microscopic travesty. ;)

Make it BIG, and detailed (with the exploration pods)

Cheers :wave:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Do some Ebay searches. McFarlane (or was it SideShow, or maybe Art Asylum?) came out with a big diorama of Bruce attacking the Orca. I think it even came with what was left of Quint as Bruce fed on him.

You'd only need to build a Roy Scheider figure, as Hooper was hiding underwater during that scene.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Seriously folks...

There IS a demand for a really good Nautilus with visible interiors in the Wheel house and the large windows into Nemo's parlor. I'd add an open dive hatch at the bottom with the room the divers dropped out of and whatever might be visible through open hatches.

That would sell like hot cakes. It might give the mega Enterprise A a run for it's money!

Drew

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
but personally...

I would certainly buy the Nautilus, probably a couple... but I personally have been obsessed with the Proteus since I saw Fantastic Voyage at the Baronet Theater in Bethesda... (1966 or 7?) I was a wee tike but I spent my whole childhood drawing that sub.

I've got the Lunar Models, I've already ordered the Wilco... but I'm still looking for the dreamed of injection molded big kit.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Ziz said:
Do some Ebay searches. McFarlane (or was it SideShow, or maybe Art Asylum?) came out with a big diorama of Bruce attacking the Orca. I think it even came with what was left of Quint as Bruce fed on him.

You'd only need to build a Roy Scheider figure, as Hooper was hiding underwater during that scene.
Was this the dio from spawn.com of the Movie Maniacs series of JAWS?
That is one cool dio! Wish it was available in styrene!

MMM

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Huge Seaview.

Also, I'd love a repop of the Monogram Cigarette boat from Miami Vice.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
OH PLEASE POLAR LIGHTS!! Hear our prayers!

1/72 Nautilus!

1/35 or larger Proteus!

If those kits were to become a reality from POLAR LIGHTS! I could die a complete person.....sad....maybe....searious.....yep!

Dave or Tom?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts