Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won two G Plus chassis from ebay and I misread the seller's shipping charges. I thought he wanted 5 bucks for shipping but he wants 5 bucks ON TOP of his shipping charges... so I wound up paying more than 9 bucks to have two chassis shipped.

Lesson learned... read the fine print!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,529 Posts
Ouch! That hurt.

I had one one time that when he posted it he said the shipping was free where you eneter it on the ebay form the turned around and added a 10.00 charge to the write up that I missed.

Roger Corrie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I got a good deal on the super Gplus chassis.. and it's my own fault for not reading his shipping charges more closely :tongue:

... I won't make that mistake again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,250 Posts
I once sold a rebuilt starter on ebey for $5. In my text I typed shipping was $15, but in the ebey boiler plate I forgot to change it and it said $5. When the buyer sent me $10 I still cheerfully sent him the starter eventhough it cost me like $17 to ship it.

I realize this is aples to oranges, but I'm leaving it here anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not blaimung him. It's my fault for not reading more closely... still, it was a shock at check out time.

Lesson learned!
 

·
Slotcar Fanatic
Joined
·
13,013 Posts
videojimmy said:
I'm not blaimung him. It's my fault for not reading more closely... still, it was a shock at check out time.

Lesson learned!
VJ,
Don't feel to bad, I believe most of the members here have done that or something similar since becoming an Internet expert. Heck, I've done it twice with shipping. MDA. READ EVERYTHING. :freak: rr
 

·
Villain
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
micyou03 said:
I once sold a rebuilt starter on ebey for $5. In my text I typed shipping was $15, but in the ebey boiler plate I forgot to change it and it said $5. When the buyer sent me $10 I still cheerfully sent him the starter eventhough it cost me like $17 to ship it.

I realize this is aples to oranges, but I'm leaving it here anyway.
I had the same thing last week when I sold a lot of ps2 videogames and clearly in my description it said 10.00 shipping, but I forgot to change the fleabay bar and got stuck with taking 5.50 for shipping, when it cost me about 11 to ship. I think I got under 3.00 a game :cry:
 

·
Slotcar Fanatic
Joined
·
13,013 Posts
sethndaddy said:
I had the same thing last week when I sold a lot of ps2 videogames and clearly in my description it said 10.00 shipping, but I forgot to change the fleabay bar and got stuck with taking 5.50 for shipping, when it cost me about 11 to ship. I think I got under 3.00 a game :cry:

Did it too with an Atari set up I auctioned off. Think I netted a wopping -$8.00 when it was all said and done. :eek: rr
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don;t harbor any bad feelings for the seller, just myself for being in such a hurry that I didn;t read the WHOLE auction listing.

Like I said, I still got a good deal on the super gplus chassis
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, but the only reason I bid on the auction was to get the Super Gplus chassis. I only have one other and I wanted a pair for racing. If I see anymore, I'll shoot you an email to alert you about it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
On the lighter side I once recieved Positive feedback as soon as buyer paid. I then passed on the guesture to the next seller I bought from. You really can't go wrong with it as far as kharma goes. The guy thought I was halarious. I do understand getting a good thumping before you realize you gotta read all of the tiny little sentences while you are really want just wanting to bid and win. I have a few cars bodies that are junk and the auction stated that but I overlooked in my haste.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Groveman, glad to see you here. I once send out one of my DVD's before getting paid (by mistake) and the buyer was freaked out by it and asked me of he'd paid and had forgotten. I once had a seller send me 6 tycopro chassis and leave me postive feedback before even I paid for them.. I was very surpirsed by that
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top