Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1491 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this be the year of the mamba? the birds will tell all.

if you run 17.5 13.5 10.5 or even 7.5 post what worked for you.pay it forward

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am trying to run a 17.5 Nemises with a MMP. I have dropped as much as 10 teeth. Not knowing exactly, I would guess the track is about a 175'-200' runline. Another driver is running a Phantom Ion2 (basically an Epic Duo2) and hit a 4.9 sec lap!!! trying to figure out where to gear, speedo, and motor timing. If you can help, thanks.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
steve pemberton..not sure of many others

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Katfish,

Happy New Year!! Sorry that I'm on here posting at 15 minutes past midnight on New Year's Eve.....but my alarm went off at my house.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I better explain that a little better.......

I better explain that a little better.

You see....Hankster wrote some special software for me so that everytime Katfish puts up a post....with my name in it....a big freakin loud siren goes off at my house.

I run right to the computer and see what kind of trouble has been started!! LMAO!!!!

God bless you Katfish, you've been no trouble at all as of late, but it's been a blast jokin with ya. Any chance of seeing you at the birds this year??

By the way, I did run the Mamba at the Oval Masters, but only in 7.5. Kenny ran it it 10.5 and was a missle. We had no idea on settings at that time. Anyone with any questions, fire away...I'll do my best to help!!

Steve

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
steve, i run 13.5 but i was wondering about some settings for 13.5 and 10.5 for the birds and i didnt know if any of you have some good ideas. im still playing every day with the speedo to find the right settings,im getting close but i would like to try some other settings and see what they do.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
plan on keeping the Mamba in the car for the next minnreg race. lay down some solid practice runs before putting the Tekin in the car to do some back to back test

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
steve i will be there sat night and on my best behavior..whatever that means! ahahah

i will see you there for sure..if your fist is balled up i'll walk on by though

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
otsy, try 40 degree of timing in speedo and 0 on motor. set the rpm range on the lowest setting and gear about 80 points lower than a novak gtb and ss motor at full timming. hope this helps

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Does anyone know what the internal resistance specs are for the Mamba Max Pro? I've been searching a bit and haven't yet been able to find the specs on this sort of thing.

I have seen specs that say the 'Mamba Max' has a internal resistance of .0003 ohms, but I have seen no specific information with regard to the resistance of the 'Mamba Max Pro'.

Castle Creations web site says "Operating at up to 6S, Mamba Max Pro can handle nearly twice the power of the market standard Mamba Max! ", yet says nothing about it's internal resistance.

Seems maybe one could surmise that the Pro version has lower internal resistance, but I wonder what the official specification is.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've had several people email me asking if the new 1cell MMP that is shipping from Castle is already flashed with the correct 1cell firmware.

Can anyone confirm this for me? Mine is still sitting in the UPS warehouse!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
guys alot of good info on settings and roll out and track size being posted by tekin racers....

pay it forward for 2010 and mamba users..........

1 - 20 of 1491 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.