Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember my father buying this for me back in the early 80's at a hobby shop in Lynn MA called Harold's place. There was a separate room in there that had the biggest Matchbox and toy fire truck collection I have ever seen. I some how managed to keep it in nice shape all these years. I really wasn't playing with them at the age I got this and was just collecting by then.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lynn, Lynn, the city of sin,
you can't get out, the way you got in :D
Man you got that right! It was kind of a pain in the butt to get there. I went a few times in the late 90's and they were still selling some new old stock. I picked up some Super King Matchbox's from the early 80's.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Harold was a great guy. I used to go there every time I was in Boston on business..............always set time aside for the ride to Harolds. After he passed away, his wife ran the shop for many years. I don't recall her name, but she was really nice to deal with.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Here is a couple of pictures of the Bandag Bandit I took last month at the Truckers Jamboree at Walcott, Iowa.

I saw the Super Boss truck several years ago at a truck show in Topeka, Ks. I will try and find those pics and post them.
The Boss truck and Mama truck were destroyed in a fire IIRC.:wave:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for posting those pictures. Looks like it lost the wing at some point. To bad about the other rigs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts