Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that some of you can help me. I finished a scratch built kit that my step father started sometime back. He taught me how to scratch build, but he doesn't know how to make decals. My question is; What softwaer do i need? i have a deskjet printer. How do I draw my decals? how do I scale them. Please help.
Bryan Osborn

·
Registered
903 Posts
Most any graphics/paint program will do. And your printer should do just fine. Draw them the same way you would do it to print the graphics on a piece of paper. As for scaling, I can only suggest the rude and crude method. Draw them and print them on paper. Compare the results with your model. Resize them with the graphics program to get the size right. Only then do you print the decals on decal paper. In designing your graphics, remember one thing - you can't print white. For that, leave the white parts clear and print on white decal paper rather than clear.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I agree - any graphics program will work (Paint, Power Point, etc). I believe Micro Mart sells decal paper for both inkjet and laserjet printers. I've used the laserjet paper and the decals turned out great!. After I drew the decal, I printed them out on regular paper to make sure they were the proper dimensions. Just remember to clear coat them when you're done printing and before you apply them. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts