Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last spring I brought a 1/25 scale model bulldozer kit that was on ebay. After Seeing other peoples builds on the internet got me interested in this model. So I thought it would be fun to try and make this model into RC control. I received the kit a few days later,and toke a few pictures of the build process as I went along. After opening the box I toke out all the pieces out and looked them over. All the pieces were colored in yellow. The plastic parts were large and made strong and molded with a lot of detail. I will not cover all the parts in this kit but just a few. There are so many other builds on the web that cover this,that I did not want to bore people with the same coverage, Well on to the build !

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to start to post pictures.But I get this when I try and put the pictures on the site. ( your following files do not have an allowed extension) What ever that means? Funny it all ways worked before.

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Here is the easiest method to insert a file here - post 18. There are several other ways to go about it as well.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last spring I brought a 1/25 scale model bulldozer kit that was on ebay. After Seeing other peoples builds on the internet got me interested in this model. So I thought it would be fun to try and make this model into RC control. I received the kit a few days later,and toke a few pictures of the build process as I went along. After opening the box I toke out all the pieces out and looked them over. All the pieces were colored in yellow. The plastic parts were large and made strong and molded with a lot of detail. I will not cover all the parts in this kit but just a few. There are so many other builds on the web that cover this,that I did not want to bore people with the same coverage, Well on to the build !

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just getting started to get the hang of posting the pictures I think? Anyway the above picture shows all the track links that are include in the bulldozer kit.I would guess there are around 70 or 80 links to put together.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The above track chain link goes together very easy,but you have to be carefull not to break the small plastic pins. The links are not very accurate,and would be to weak to be used for RC control. Mose the the builders weather the stock tracks very heavy, which make the look real nice.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another photo above of the stock track link put together. It was not the look I wanted so I decided to make a new link from scratch, that would be more accurate and durable.I must have made 5 different track link designs before I had one that looked a better and was stronger.
Automotive lighting Auto part Jewellery Fashion accessory Metal

1 - 20 of 150 Posts