Hobbyist Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Brilliant concept and work!

I'm very interested in how you did the slides. Did you photograph your artwork and then have the slides made from the photo Shoot? If so, how did you get the measurements correct? I know they used to do this kind of thing with lithography cameras to make photo etch (I think Jimmy Flintstone still does it that way) but as I understand it; that requires a custom booth that allows the photographer to place the art at the proper distance from the camera to achieve the correct scale. Also, yours look a lot cleaner than a slide made from a photo. Is there a digital process that I'm not aware of because I am a walking anachronism? It's really beautiful work, I would really love to know how you did it.

Thanks for posting those!

Fiver

· Registered
3,643 Posts
I don't know, but my guess is he found someone with a 35mm film recorder. It images digital files directly to 35mm film. I used several of these back in the 90s when companies wanted their Powerpoint presentations on actual slides. We could image to both 4K and 8K resolution. I believe 16K models were also made. We also had a 4" x 5" recorder and finally graduated to a Kodak 8" x 10" LVT recorder. Solitaire Film Recorders

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.