Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes or sells those wider pick-ups for Xtracs and/or AFX?? I'd like to get ahold of about a dozen pairs. Is that an AW part or is there a BSRT or other aftermarket maker/seller?? I have a Tomy hairpin that tjets go through no problem, but xtracs and afx get stuck every time. (arg!) thanks...tjd

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I don't remember the maker of the shoes, but they were sold under the name "Power Steering" Hope that helps in your search, mate!

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only in a pit kit though?...

What I wonder is if anyone sells just the shoes as pairs or in a pack of 6, 12, or whatever? I've seen the kits, but just want shoes. Maybe they are too new to have been made aftermarket (so far) ?? tjd

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Maybe someday TL will come out with the replacement/maintenance parts for his AW lines and we can add them to our parts box. Fingers crossed. :) rr

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just my luck...

Gotta buy the cow for a glass of milk. Good thing I really like milk though. Thanks for the replies guys. tjd

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had that hairpin adapted into my Tyco 2 laner and had the same problem, I got tired really quick with some cars just dying in it so I removed it so why is that inside lane rail so off centered?

Now that my 4 laner is all Tyco I gave all my Tomy track pieces to my Nephew who got a set this Christmas.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
The inside rail is off center because the car is meant to drift around that lane. It takes some skill, yeah? Set a car on that hair pin and push it through the turn. Keep the shoes oriented to the rails and note the possition of the rear end. You will see the slide path. Had the slot been centered and the rail equal in distance through the turn, there would be no paint or tampos on the side of the slot car and it would bind on the inside because of the tight radius. You really have to like the hairpin to deal with it lap after lap. I think Coach uses one on a door track for his F1 cars. Sound off, Coach?

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Ya My door track has a hairpin.. it does take some getting used to if you want consitent lap times.. but Even Carol my ten year old has mastered it. Tjets you do have to hang out there to get through and it will sometimes stutter but thats half the fun....lol...But for real fun put a super g or wizard through it and watch it bite to get going again...

Dave

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
tjd241 said:
Who makes or sells those wider pick-ups for Xtracs and/or AFX?? . . .
Sometimes on FleaBay people part out the cars, like selling 12 pairs of pick-up shoes for $X.XX dollars.

It would be sweet if AW would sell replacement parts in bulk to vendors like Lucky Bob's in Milwaukee, etc.

'doba

1 - 12 of 12 Posts