Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, the pics are not too good, i just finished these, 3rd time doing theses the others were sold and traded, these are canadian kits, that I got locally. off a collector.Thanks for looking, your coments are welcome, the kits look better in person.
Thanks
buzz

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Looking good Buzz. I like the style you did the Bride's beakers and equipment in. Is the Witch's kettle lighted ? It looks like it is in the pix.
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the great replies, Dab, no its just painted, it looks alot subtle in person, the camera is over glowing the colors.

Randy

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Randy,these are some topnotch paint jobs ya did on both of them :thumbsup: !how many hrs did you spend doing the seam work on both?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys again for the kind words, Dan about an hour on each, i will leave some lines in, because I dont want to remove any detail, like on the bride body halves, I will fill the gaps and cracks, thats about it, I did remove the lines on the witches pot, they were too bad at all, since they are originals, I keep the way they are.
Randy

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
buzzconroy said:
Thanks guys again for the kind words, Dan about an hour on each, i will leave some lines in, because I dont want to remove any detail, like on the bride body halves, I will fill the gaps and cracks, thats about it, I did remove the lines on the witches pot, they were too bad at all, since they are originals, I keep the way they are.
Randy
Thanks Randy for the info and gotta say once again they look great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mark, well I did them up like my munsters living room, wanted to have reflected light on both kits, they do glow in a mellow way in person, the camera pics are showing false colors.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
VERY COOL WORK!! :thumbsup:

I want to do something creepy for this fall....maybe the Musters coach?

Thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
That is very nice work Buzz. I particularly like the Witch. She really does look like she's toiled away in a musty, dark, cobweb infested shack.

Well done.

Glenn :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Excellent job on the Auroro-ladies.
Is that a light source on the Witch or were you actually able to shade in that way?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again for the great replies, to get the glow look, first basecoat everything white except pot, then airbrush mists of light yellows, oranges and reds, then adding the darks, using blackish brown,overlaping colors, actually I took these pics without a flash.Nothing is lighted, I wouldnt alter an aurora, always keep them original.
Randy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts