Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Distribution issues seem to be the main reason for taking a break from production. Aside from that, and being constructive, what else (if anything) does JL need to focus on these days?

I'd like to see whitewalls that are actually round. Centered on the tire would be nice too.

The floor is open . . .

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Accessories

1:64 scale accessories - please!
A re-tooled 1966 Chevelle and do a 66 El Camino, too!
And to stay in sequence with the Impalas, a '66 Imp if you please! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
To be constructive here, I think the place that paints the JL cars needs to have a more dust free environment. I'm seeing way to many dust bunnies under the paint lately, especially on the new Holiday release cars.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I'd like to know if they could ever get a license for some of the exotic sports cars out there. Ferrari, Lamborghini, and more Porsches. Imagine how well these would sell. I know HWs has an exclusive license with Ferrari but there must be some time limit or something RC2 could do to make the cars.

·
Registered
971 Posts
More variety of wheels. Especially an open steel wheel with a nice dog-dish hubcap. Use the existing steelie like is used on the Superbee, and add a generic cap that could be used on Mopars, Chevies and Fords. (AMCs too!). 66 Impala would be nice too. And an updated 56 Belair sedan or hardtop.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
NWovalfan said:
More variety of wheels. Especially an open steel wheel with a nice dog-dish hubcap. Use the existing steelie like is used on the Superbee, and add a generic cap that could be used on Mopars, Chevies and Fords. (AMCs too!). 66 Impala would be nice too. And an updated 56 Belair sedan or hardtop.
I really like the ide of more wheels Brock :thumbsup: I feel wheels and tires are half the look of the car. More realistic looking wheels would do wonders for the looks of future releases.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
How about redoing the '67 Shelby casting to something a little more accurate. That would be my top pick. I also think that maybe a few more "street rod" looking cars showing up would be sweet. Something with blacked out wheels and a mean stance. I'm a HUGE fan of blacked out wheels. :D I also agree with the paint thing. A little improvement there would make a big difference to collectors.

1up

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
NWovalfan said:
Chrysler 6 slot "cop wheels" whith dog dish caps.
A new wider GM rally wheel.
How about deep slotted aluminum type mag wheels, the slotted wheel they have looks like the chromed steel slots that came as factory equipped on the 'Lil Red Express Truck'.
Chrome reverse 'baby moon' wheels.
American Racing Torque Thrust wheels.
More factory wheels.
Moon Discs

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I'm happy with the latest castings and i think RC is already doing a good job with the new wheels and tires.

I would like to see 1/64 accessories, people and even buildings (gas stations, stores, etc)

The only problem i have with JL is scale...they differ too much...some are too small ( ie pinto, amx) and some too large (ie boogie vans, grand am, gremlin).
my wish would be that the cars are all the same scale.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
extra wheels and tires in the packages specially since the price is going up again. I`d like to see a new cuda with 2-3 different wheels and tire combo`s instead of static clings and stickers that have nothing to do with cars.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
glhshelby said:
extra wheels and tires in the packages specially since the price is going up again. I`d like to see a new cuda with 2-3 different wheels and tire combo`s instead of static clings and stickers that have nothing to do with cars.
Oh, I like the wheel and tire variations in the same package idea a whole lot. Ofcourse, I would like to see the garage diorama pieces as well.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
1:64 scale accessories - please!
A re-tooled 1966 Chevelle and do a 66 El Camino, too!
And to stay in sequence with the Impalas, a '66 Imp if you please! :thumbsup:
I'm still puzzled why they didn't tool the '67 to be both. They are very similar cars.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
AQUA XK8 said:
To be constructive here, I think the place that paints the JL cars needs to have a more dust free environment. I'm seeing way to many dust bunnies under the paint lately, especially on the new Holiday release cars.
. . . . and especially on the black Avantis too. I haven't seen one that didn't have bunnies on the driver's door. :cry:

If you see duplicates of a JL in a store, it really pays to compare them to find the one with the least dust, best trim, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts