Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Intentional grammar faux pas in the heading.

Recently, in digging things out of my attic, I came across two large bins of my childhood "Hot Wheels", as I referred to all my cars. I've got a bunch of Majorettes that I want to share with you guys, but just a little here and there as I pick them from their plastic prison. I look forward to the day that I stumble upon a collection of these guys in mint condition...right... :lol:

A French diecast brand recreating French auto manufacturers. Who woulda thunk it? :freak:

The best part of Majorettes were their opening features; whether it be doors, hatches, or in this case, a sunroof!

The interior detail is great, too! Tennis anyone?

DOA or NAP?

It seems they may take a bit longer getting to the ER, with this busted axle and all..

And lastly (for now), the diversity of Majorette is also appealing to me now, as I probably didn't care too much during my single (digit) age.

Your turn: locate your favorite French metal, dust 'em off and post 'em up!

·
Registered
278 Posts
These were popular with us 80's kids in Europe. I have quite a few, but here's the only ones I have pics of right now:

Plymouth Fury Police Car

VW K70

Peugeot 204 Cabriolet with Racing Car on trailer (this one is early 70's)

Citroen SM (this one is mid-70s)

ETA:

I just realised that a carry case nearby was full of Majos, so here are some more pics - sorry, they're not fantastic, I snapped them quickly.

Nissan 300ZX

Toyota 4Runner

Peugeot 504

Porsche 924

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice collection, guys! Keep 'em coming! And I spy a few Sonic Flashers :D

Here's a few more I dug out.

ATTN: StangFreak!

The license plate on this one is Florida. A Caddy from FL, whadya think of that?!

Depanneuse?

These next two were some of my favs as a wee boy in the dirt. Excellent ground clearance!

That's it for now!

·
Super Moderator
2,187 Posts
Here's one of mine. I've had it since I was a kid, and as far as I remember it's always looked like this. Must have come from a yard sale or thrift store or something. Maybe a good restoration candidate, someday.

·
Administrator
39,584 Posts
I have more than a dozen examples of this #215 268 Corvette casting. This one is my favorite of the group because it reminds of the 1996 Copper Metallic Corvette we had. This one would be more representative of the 1985 version with the black rub stripes.

Majorette No 215 268 Chevrolet Corvette 1/57
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Here's one of mine. I've had it since I was a kid, and as far as I remember it's always looked like this. Must have come from a yard sale or thrift store or something. Maybe a good restoration candidate, someday.

View attachment 309774
View attachment 309775
View attachment 309776
..Had this one as a kid as well...one of my favs...it came in yellow.....will post pic when I can...should restore easy enough.....recently bought an air paint brush to do exactly that.......thought a few restore jobs might be fun..!

·
Administrator
39,584 Posts
..Had this one as a kid as well...one of my favs...it came in yellow.....will post pic when I can...should restore easy enough.....recently bought an air paint brush to do exactly that.......thought a few restore jobs might be fun..!

Be sure and do some build threads on your projects for us!

·
Super Moderator
2,187 Posts
Wouldn't take much to strip the paint off mine in preparation for a repaint, haha 😅

1 - 20 of 51 Posts