Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My love for the Majorette Bernard also brings me 'surprises'. Last week I got a No. 8 'Chasse Neige', or snow plow, from the Rail//Route period, given to me by a friend. Only, the snow plow was gone... But the looks of the truck without snowplow wispered in my ear 'customize me, customize me...'
I dug out some other Majorette beaters, being the remains of the Surbaisse, or low loader...

the participants of this customization, although the light green Bernard was repaced by an even worse example later on...

After one hour, the yellow Bernard was cut in half and all parts were stripped, including the paint. Especially the No. 8 (snowplow) revealed to be a very rough casting, only indicating the die cast cars have come a long way nowadays...

All parts on the kitchen table.

As I don't have pictures of the painting process, we now continue to the final result. But not after I have displayed the remains of the yellow Bernard... This are actually the ony parts left after this customization. These are excellent spare parts for future restaurations.

The front axle is from a yellow dump truck which I restored recently; it got a Faller AMS front axle somewhere in it's life.

And here it is!!! The Bernard in it's perfect shape, pulling a low loader!!! The result turned out even better than I hoped it would be!

Heavy duty historic transportation!

These Bernards were once powered by MACK engines!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Closeup of the 'dolly', that is how we call the two axle thing in front of the lowloader. I reused the black plastic toolbox to add to the realism.

It is clearly visible it is part of the Bernard truck casting!

By drilling a few holes, I was able to attach the wire made triangle and hitch.

It looks like a 1000Hp combination to me!

The Ville de Megeve lettering are a nice touch! Also notiche the holes in the front bumper where the original snow plow once was attached.

I hope you like this combination as much as I do. It is a pretty straight forward job to do and the old Majorette Bernard truck beaters are perfect candidates for these custom jobs! Including drying time of the paint, this custom took less than 24 hours to complete. In which I also got some 9 hours of sleep, installed a new radio and CD changer in my 944, had lunch, dinner and breakfast, went to church and visited relatives...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wow! I must say you did a grand job re-doing all those; I love that color you picked. Great idea using the back of one truck for the front of the lowloader. Great work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts