Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys, I got this car from an EBay with an ERTL Batmobile... (Which will be getting worked on soon).... It’s by Majorette. The paint was beat up, but overall everything else was in good shape. I do hate the Orange plastic, but it is what it is... I could have painted black... but decided not to. The back antenna was broken as well, so I did a VERY POOR job of matching, but at this point I just don’t want to deal with it. I also changed the wheels as the ones they came with are horrid. So they got some Hot Wheels 5 Spokes. Then the big change was the paint. I went from Black to white as it would look better and I wanted to test out the new paint.

Here it is broken down before paint stripping.

Here it is complete.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Looks great..I see some in that beat up condition on ebay sometimes too..I'd like to give that a try. And your right, nothing worse than colored glass so if I do one im gonna try to put clear glass in it. Again...nice job:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Looks great..I see some in that beat up condition on ebay sometimes too..I'd like to give that a try. And your right, nothing worse than colored glass so if I do one im gonna try to put clear glass in it. Again...nice job:thumbsup:
Its a limo, just black out all the glass!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
nice save!!!...me, i think i'd have cut it up to build a hearse...but thatz just my goofiness:lol:
Woah.. I think you are onto something there! Cut the window posts at the bottom, cut the bottom of the door out and slide the whole trunk in, and it might look close to right.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice save.. it is just a little too white for me. Maybe painting the roof black and texturing it a little? Or at least paint a silver stripe to represent the trim between the vinyl roof and the body?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice save.. it is just a little too white for me. Maybe painting the roof black and texturing it a little? Or at least paint a silver stripe to represent the trim between the vinyl roof and the body?
Thank you sir. I knew it was missing something.. I think I will work on that get some updated pics.. This is exactly why asked for opinions. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts