Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
filled up the tank of gas and headed out hunting late last night/early this morning in the hopes of finding some new johnnies being stocked. nothing new at two of the three walmarts i went to but the one that did have the new release was stocked the previous evening and a few cars were already missing upon my arrival. the others sold out quickly.

i came across a 2 more gold series cars and was debating on grabbing them due to the $4.24 price at the walmart where i had purchased them a few days ago. i grabbed one to scan and nothing turned up. i heard of a member getting them for $1 so i took them to the register and asked if they could determine the price which she couldn't. these were hanging on a peg labled jada or maisto with a clearance price of $1 so i told the woman they were marked at $1 on the peg that they were hanging from acting all clueless. :thumbsup: she said "$1 huh?" and acted like that was good enough for her. then she rung them up at $1.:D

i then headed off to another walmart in hunt formation and came across a few more gold series cars plus 2 mustangs and fords series cars. i scanned the mustangs and fords series cars that turned up for $1. of course the gold series would not scan at this store either. i went to the register to see of they could find out how much they were but they couldn't. i innocently told the woman that i paid $1 per car at the other walmart that i was at earlier. she then asked me how much the mustangs and fords release cars were and scanned one. she said screw it and swiped one of them multiple times, threw the cars in the bag which brought my total to $6.36 :freak: i thought i had 7 cars total but it was very late and i was beginning to get fatigued so i didn't question her on it. :drunk:

i head out to the car and checked my bag and sure enough there were 7 cars. she forgot to charge me for one. if i wasn't so tired, i would have honestly went back in and brought it to her attention but i figured that i wasn't going to break walmart for $1.06. :eek:

to sum it up $8.48 bought me these johnnies! :cool:

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
I like that burnt orange Oldsmobubble but that was a little bit dishonest.

Don't know if I wouldn't do the same thing, however, if faced with a bunch of slack-jawed idiot WM clerks. They have pi**ed me off plenty of times with their lack of job skills.

'doba

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
1976Cordoba said:
I like that burnt orange Oldsmobubble but that was a little bit dishonest.

Don't know if I wouldn't do the same thing, however, if faced with a bunch of slack-jawed idiot WM clerks. They have pi**ed me off plenty of times with their lack of job skills.

'doba
You know W-M deserves it in this case. I don't have any idea on what their problem is with JL's the past few weeks. They are putting cars out that they then can't sell. One guy paid $1.00, another $4.24, and I paid $3.78 for my Gold series cars. It's chaos I tell you, chaos.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Atencio said:
You know W-M deserves it in this case. I don't have any idea on what their problem is with JL's the past few weeks. They are putting cars out that they then can't sell. One guy paid $1.00, another $4.24, and I paid $3.78 for my Gold series cars. It's chaos I tell you, chaos.
i was one that paid $4.24 last week for a few of them. it is funny because between 4 different walmarts, not a one was able to scan these and come up with a price. every single one of these came up "item not found". i should have said "they must be free then?" :D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
my wm had 2 gold series cars in the new packages but they were diffrent packages

they were clamshells but designed more like the coke ones with gold series right in the middle of the package anyone else sen theese ones?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts