Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I used to mess with Ms. Maisto, But her father got mad and sold her to another manufacturer to keep me away from her.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I do. I can pick up their Fresh Metal line for not too much, but my favorite has always been their haulers series.

Of course, now that they have the Muscle Machines too...

I have several of their 1:24 scale cars as well.

the quality varies by line, but I'm always happy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't buy many of them,but I do buy the occasional piece. Didn't see a forum for them so I figured they weren't collected much.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I was told you could find them under the Muscle Machine thread since they are the same company but no one ever seems to post anything Maisto there.

I have several Maisto in 1:24, I think they do a really good job for the money.

A few examples

I've also come to the conclusion that every Diecast Company's distribution sucks with the exception of Hot Wheels, which probably isn't so much the distribution as it is there are just so many of them. lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
I bought some of the farm stuff they had out at one time. Many of the pieces were close knockoffs of Ertl pieces and many parts were interchangeable.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
They have some very nice cars. They are kind of hit of miss though. They can come out with a well detailed killer car, then something that resembles some sort of car. For the most part though they are always worth a look.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I have most if not all of the camaros in the 1:64s pro rodz series which i thought were nicely done.I also have the models that you put together which are the same as the built ones.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I totally dig some of the hauler series especially their COEs. The cars that come with them are very well done.

I like their missile tows, too although the scale between the truck and the car is quite off. That car would look like a go cart to the guy driving the hauler.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i agree with most, some cars are OK for the casting but myself i dont like stuff with no interiors, i only have a couple of the cheap maisto cars with no interior because i could not find a MBX or HW one i liked such as a scion XB, some of them they hit out of the park with detail..like the ford COE flat bed.. thing has some nice detail...if i could only find an engine i know i could make the cab flip fowards. one major issue i have with the haulers is some of the cars wheels are wayyy to far into the wheel wells, however this is a simple fix just remove wheels from axles and only stick the axle a tiny bit inside the wheel and super glue it..same thing i did to my monte carlo i put a mirror finish on..in my opinion though if maisto raised price to 1$ and added interiors and better wheels i would buy way more of them...

·
Registered
14,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
ok im confused, it dont look like the studebaker except for the grille shape, but the bumper and lights come from the ford coe. however i did just notice it does not say what manufacturer it is, just says "coe flatbed" on the bottom so im guessing they just used features from each truck to get past licensing of the vehicle...its just not exact as the studebaker...but guess most of it is studebaker. thanks for pointing this out! as i believe the package said "1941 ford coe flatbed" weird!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts