Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/55 scale Cars for the first released Series of 6 Cars

For 2010 we will be introducing a new line to the Maisto stables. The 1/55 Custom Shop Fifty 5’s.

There will be a total of 6 vehicles in this first release. Viewed in this line-up is the 2009 Nissan 370Z,
1972 Datsun 510 and the 1975 Datsun 620. The other 3 (not pictured) will be the new Scion xB,
the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and the 1995 Toyota SR5.

It will be displayed in a full-color blister card available for the U.S. and Europe. You will find this
NEW HOT item in our 2010 catalog under the 25016 item number.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Interesting. I'd have to see them in person, first. They look like Ground Pounder wannabees - import style. That isn't necessarily a bad thing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't know what to make of these. I guess I'll have to wait and see them in person to make a decision. If they're more than $3, fugheddaboutit!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Having a couple three 620 pickups (one was even a King Cab!) in years gone by, I'm thinking that there will be at least one of these that will get a new home. Why not 1/64th Maisto?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The ride hight on the 370 looks way to high. I like the 510's but would prefer them in 1:64. Really surprised nobody has done the 2008-2010 xb yet in 1:64

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are close in size with the Jada Corp Cars which will look great
in my Collection of all the Single Cars I own. I will be looking for the
510's and the Trucks if the price is right of course.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I think they look nice and I like the subject matter but am curious on the sizing as we have seen exits from Malibu INternational and Jada and significantly reduced HWs from that scale.

Seems "late for prom" to me......

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I'm not impressed with what I see in the photos. I'll pass on these. I have liked the smaller sized, more realistic Maistos and have many of them.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I kind of like the pickup, but would prefer it in 1/64. I'll have to see it in person, but probably will pass due to the scale.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It is presumptious and wrong to call these "1/55 scale Cars".

There is nothing to scale about these "models". These are cartoonish representations of vehicles whose wheels and fenders are in some scale other than the one that the rest of the casting has used.

Sorry, not interested. I suggest making die cast toys to one constant scale and to ensuring that that scale is used on all portions of the toy.

- ranchero -

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The only two that have any interest to me are the BRE Datsuns. Just because I like the paint scheme. Even then I may pass. The Scion too as my friend just bought a Burgundy one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts