Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to disassemble a Maisto motorcycle model? There are a couple I'd like to detail and paint.

·
Administrator
26,668 Posts
I will move your post over to the diecast customizing section if you want me to. Just let me know.

You will get more views over there in the diecast section.

What scale are the ones you have and are they older or the new models?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that would be great. They are in the range of 1:12 to 1:18 and mostly older, but I could see myself getting new stuff.
One specifically is the 1947 H-D Servi-Car.

·
Administrator
26,668 Posts
I just have a few motorcycles in my accumulations and only one Maisto. It is a 1999 Heritage Springer in red and is 1:18 scale. You have probably looked yours over too but to me they seem well engineered in assembly. And most parts just sort of snap into place but look to fragile to manually unsnap.

Mine looks like it has an access tube with an insert tab you could drill out to split the engine apart into its two halves from the bottom.

I can also see a 'glued' post under the fuel tank into the frame. With the engine out you may be able to drill it out as well,but its a least a 1/4 inch in diameter.

The saddle bag detail on this one is just increadable! Been awhile since I looked at it and it was unsealed so I took it out of the box this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts