Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
previously, i excited to know that this ford mustang 2005, have moveable front bumper

then recently during blackfriday, i bought this 9 pack.

while doing documentation for this, i figure out that the road rocket has moveable part.
but not for this version of 9 pack :(

so anyone can share what other hotwheels mainline that has feature openable/ moveable part, of course real car if possible :)

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
The Volkswagen drag bus has an opening body.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Well, if you go back to the beginning... 10 of the very first 16 Hot Wheels made had opening parts... mostly hoods.

There were a bunch of old Corgi castings that Hot Wheels took over back in the 80's that had opening doors.

i think lately, probably because of costs, there are a lot of Hot Wheels that used to have, say, opening hoods, but now they don't. (I think the 69 Dodge Charger still has one?)

Here is a more specific question, looking at my collections, is there any Japanese/import Hot Wheels that have an opening hood or part?... I can't see or think of even 1...:confused:

·
Administrator
38,296 Posts
I started a sub collection of moving parts HWs a few months ago. Most of them are from the '90s or 2000s and are heavy equipment type castings.

Not sure if any are Japanese, but didnt the recent "Atataxi" have an opening door?

As noted above the real cars are going to have primarily opening hoods at the most. The last real car model I remember being released with an opening hood was a blue Mustang in a 5 pack. The first ones had the opening hood - later it was closed. (If you are a interior details person - they often still have the engine bay detail still there - you just cant see it anymore.)

Interesting to see that the Turbot (as a new casting) has a moving part when so many others (have) are losing theirs.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I started a sub collection of moving parts HWs a few months ago. Most of them are from the '90s or 2000s and are heavy equipment type castings.

Not sure if any are Japanese, but didnt the recent "Atataxi" have an opening door?

As noted above the real cars are going to have primarily opening hoods at the most. The last real car model I remember being released with an opening hood was a blue Mustang in a 5 pack. The first ones had the opening hood - later it was closed. (If you are a interior details person - they often still have the engine bay detail still there - you just cant see it anymore.)

Interesting to see that the Turbot (as a new casting) has a moving part when so many others (have) are losing theirs.
Time Attaxi has an opening rear, passenger side door. It's LHD since it's modelled on a Hong Kong Toyota Comfort taxi.

The old Z31 300ZX casting has opening doors. The Z32 might as well, but I don't collect that casting so I'm not certain.

The RLC version of the Datsun 510 has an opening hood IIRC.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wish hotwheels, make it easier by put label/ word on card, just like something "best for track", but maybe "moveable/ openable"

ok, so confirm for mainline(for people who only afford like me :( ):
- Turbot
- Atataxi

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
mini cooper has a pop off body so do the rally vw bug, 300 zx has opening doors, mustang 5.0 has open hatch,dump trucks have dumping dumps, older delivery vans have opening back doors just to name a few.

·
Administrator
38,296 Posts
while doing documentation for this, i figure out that the road rocket has moveable part.
but not for this version of 9 pack :(

so anyone can share what other hotwheels mainline that has feature openable/ moveable part, of course real car if possible :)

Here is the 1996 version with the canopy up.

1996 Hot Wheels #371 First Editions #7 Road Rocket

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One of the coolest models with movable parts. Not sure if the 55 Chevy is still done this way.

omg!, woowww, cool, i wonder if the time that car available at store, will be flavor of the month.
i guess this will no longer been in production for future release?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so here is the updated list of mainline hotwheels openable/ moveable part:
- Turbot (confirmed, easy available at store?)
- Atataxi (confirmed, easy available at store)
- 67 Camaro (confirmed, easy available at store?)
- ford mustang 2005 (confirmed, easy available at store)
- road rocket (confirmed, easy available at store?)
- Volkswagen drag bus (confirmed?, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- Whip Creamer II (confirmed?, easy available at store?)
- rally vw bug (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- mini cooper (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- 300 zx (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- mustang 5.0 (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- dump trucks (confirmed?, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- older delivery vans (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- hw formula solar (confirmed?, easy available at store)

anyone is welcome to update/ amend the list :)

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
omg!, woowww, cool, i wonder if the time that car available at store, will be flavor of the month.
i guess this will no longer been in production for future release?
That was the only time that it was a mainline release back in 2006.
Very tough to find because it was limited to one mix and only one to a case.
It is used mostly now as a RLC car or once in awhile as a K-mart mail-in.
Now the bike is removed and I think the door is sealed.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
so here is the updated list of mainline hotwheels openable/ moveable part:
- Turbot (confirmed, easy available at store?)
- Atataxi (confirmed, easy available at store)
- ford mustang 2005 (confirmed, easy available at store)
- road rocket (confirmed, easy available at store?)
- Volkswagen drag bus (confirmed?, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- Whip Creamer II (confirmed?, easy available at store?)
- rally vw bug (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- mini cooper (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- 300 zx (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- mustang 5.0 (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- dump trucks (confirmed?, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- older delivery vans (confirmed, easy available at store?, mainline?)
- hw formula solar (confirmed?, easy available at store)

anyone is welcome to update/ amend the list :)

The Shelby Cobra 427 the hood opens
The Sooo Fast-which hasn't been in the mainline in a bit sadly-the area near the engine would open.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That was the only time that it was a mainline release back in 2006.
Very tough to find because it was limited to one mix and only one to a case.
It is used mostly now as a RLC car or once in awhile as a K-mart mail-in.
Now the bike is removed and I think the door is sealed.
Yep, I didn't think this was made as mainline anymore. Just Red Line Club (RLC) cars or Limiteds.

Still can find the '55 Chevy Panel First Edition (2006-037) on E-bay for under $10.

At the time this was first out, I remember having a whole bunch of these. There was a variation (HTF) with a black front grill.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Yep, I didn't think this was made as mainline anymore. Just Red Line Club (RLC) cars or Limiteds.

Still can find the '55 Chevy Panel First Edition (2006-037) on E-bay for under $10.

At the time this was first out, I remember having a whole bunch of these. There was a variation (HTF) with a black front grill.
the black grill vari is one that I couldn't find.
I was lucky I got one at all.
I found mine at of all places Walgreens.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts