Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
was wondering if anyone has bought brush springs from another source other than e- bay or hobby shops,like an industrial supplier or something.what i mean is somebody has to make small springs like these that you could buy by the dozen or whatever,same with pick up shoe springs.if anybody has a supplier please let me know.this would be handy to have in different stiffness for custom or different materials. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Gee, that never occured to me since Afx springs have always been plentiful, and reasonably priced (around $1 for 4 springs).... And now with JL/AW springs showing up, well all the better.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
dlw said:
Gee, that never occured to me since Afx springs have always been plentiful, and reasonably priced (around $1 for 4 springs).... And now with JL/AW springs showing up, well all the better.
Where can I get springs for 4 for $1.00?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Nos Afx springs on the card, most hobby shop here sold them for $1. Each card has 4 springs.

Also check for the next Mellville slot show.....You can get parts cheap there.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Not bad. Shipping is reasonable too. Thanks.

It would be nice to have a never ending supply though. I bet if we could find a manufacturer we could get 1000 for like $10 or $20.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
REH has them. If you have one near you, try to order what you need through a hobby shop. You're definitely looking for a bulk order of spings...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys.i always check e-bay ,i would like to know who supplies them for companies like reh or even a/w.it would be great if we could find out and get a bulk deal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
always wondered where this guy gets his specialty parts,he goes by strhobbyshop on e-bay i've e-mailed him and someone builds the cars for him.I even asked how i could get the replacement parts for the cars,didnt get a real solid answer.somebodys gettin stuff somwhere. heres an item decription from his auction,i do believe he has some really nice stuff,i'd just like to find the parts

Meet the seller
Seller: strhobbyshop( 385)
Member: since Mar-29-05 in United States

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 385 | 100% Positive
Read feedback comments
2. Check how you're protected

This item is covered up to $2,000 See eligibility

Description

Item Specifics - Type of Toy
Type: Collector/Hobby Toys Condition: New
Age Level: --

AweSome Mopar Race Package!

New For 2007- Super Rare, High End Silver Plated Commutator, Internals and Pickups.

A Truly Unique Hand Built Piece You Won’t Find Anywhere Else!

Specialty Shop Craftsmanship, Quality and Technology at a Super Low Starting Bid!

These builds originally sold as S/S “spec” chassis for a local "pancake" racing league... They scream!

Starting with 6 sealed master cases of new cars (434 units), each chassis was put on the dyno and tested for Internal Resistance, Watt Output, RPM and Torque. Only the very best of the lot was selected to go on to the blueprinting process. Select chassis's then go on to be stress relieved (jig boiled), jig inspected and verified for spec, deflashed, machining, fitting, polishing, indexing, finishing, speed parts added, assembly, break-in and final tested.

You Are Bidding On : 1 Brand New, Never Run On The Track..

1970 Red Hemi R/T Challenger w/ ledgendary Flat Black"Shaker" Hoodscoop and Rear Spoiler.

Body is factory stamped "Hemi" inside.

Chassis professionally detailed in Neon Yellow w/ Hemi Orange trim, it's a

Tekin Dyno'ed, Blueprinted & Handbuilt JL X-Traction chassis, built exclusively from NOS jig verified and hand spec'd parts.

( only $4.75 Shipping Continental U.S.)

(Super Speedway Version)

For The Gear Heads....

Arms are Dyno (Tekin Digital Pro) selected from a large cache (432 new cars), The armatures were then sent out and comutator silver plated for that added perfomance punch! Individual chassis parts are hand and jig select and some hand fit or blueprinted if you will, stock pieces. Select chassis’s are spec’ed on a surface plate to verify proper corner (ride) height boring. The axle centerlines were also checked for square. Chassis are then stress relieved (Jig Boiled). They then have the friction points deflashed and polished. Chassis floor pan and brush housing faces and bores are machined and flush cut. The upper 3 gear rack are hand and jig indexed and a gauss matched pair of x25 C/M magnets added.

The Stock brushes are replaced with a trick pair of "Hollow Point" or "Double Dimple" open cavity brushes, they're 15% lighter than the stock pieces reducing brush float at higher RPM's. Because of the innovative design, commutator drag and friction is reduced by almost 45% resulting in higher RPM's and top speed. Additional benefits of the trick brushes are reduced commutator wear and brush spring fatigue. The motor brush springs are replaced with a new set of improved temper Silver pieces. Besides the obvious advantage of improved conductivity and lower resistance, they resist high temperatures and are less likly to collapse and float with high performance use. The pickup shoes are replaced with a vastly improved pair of custom plated Silver pieces, they're a stepped, wide base “ski shoe” of JL design. They flow more power with less resistance and provide a larger contact surface on the rail, thus, consistently higher amp flow resulting in more power to the motor; they also better retain their shape for accurate tuning, unlike the original narrow F/F design. The stock copper pickup shoe springs are replaced with a set of .105'' performance based high tension, low resistance silver pickup springs. The trick springs make a big difference keeping the shoe planted to the rail and increasing the seat pressure on the brush plate, these silver pieces also lower the overall resistance path from the Pickups to Comm. plates (increased efficiency and more power). They also eliminate power and transition "stuttering".

Everything reassembled with Trinity break in lube and run on the dyno; in the breakin mode at very low volts and m/a (no arcing) until the brushes are seat properly.

Questions Always Welcomed Prior To Bidding

Shipping: We ship in hours..not days!

We gladly offer combined shipping on auctions ending the same day, simply add $2.00 per additional auction win.

No combined shipping on auctions ending on different days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Powerranger....

Are you a hobby shop, or do you have a dealers' license? If so, you can deal with REH.

Chances are that guy didn't divulge his source because of some kind of agreement.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
hey mike

you might try jim gase about a bulk order of springs.

some time ago (2006? 2005?) jim offered members of Andys mailing list a deal on bulk springs; 100 pair for $25. I dont know if he has them now, but he might be able to make a bulk order for you.

http://jaghobbies.com/

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
no im not a dealer,and i dont sell on e-bay ,,,,,yet.when i do sell it'll prob be yard sale type stuff.i just wanted to find an outlet for springs,the guys i race with when i do race ,have a magna and x-traction class,somebody's always dropping a spring ,it would be nice to know you can buy a baggie or so to always have em on hand .we're all pretty good at sharing our stuff during races .that is what i like about this hobby,we all help one another.
thanks for the info and ideas! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts