Hobbyist Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Yep.
Steve did a lot of work to bring this thing to a conclusion.
I remember the excitement when the model was re-discovered and the tour was resurected.
I had links for 8 other threads from Hobbytalk that dealt with the revival of the tour. All of those are dead now, and this is the only one still remaining on the server.
Which is why I bumped it back up. To save some of our history and keep it from being pruned with some of the dead posts.
Same reason I regularly bump the guillotine numbers thread.
Which is the last remaining thread on the server with a post by Lisa when she was still an employee of the company.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
DANG IT!

Looks like I waited too long to bump the guillotine thread.
Looks like it is gone. :(
Guess I got lazy when it was a sticky.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It was presented to the Queen at the 2005 Chiller convention, I believe. Steve has some excellent photos of the event on the web site he linked in the earlier post.

I loved being part of that effort, and would gladly participate again if we ever do anything like that again!!!!!

Larry

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
LGFugate said:
It was presented to the Queen at the 2005 Chiller convention, I believe. Steve has some excellent photos of the event on the web site he linked in the earlier post.
Actually, it was Wonderfest 2005 and (not to blow my own horn) fascinating information about this and other Polar Lights bulletin board events and traditions can be found on the Polarpaedia.

Jim

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I had to look at all of these photos again. This project was a cool thing to be a part of. I don't know if we'll ever see teamwork like this again.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Another small update about the MM kit!! Lisa actually moved since the kit was returned to her into a smaller place, but it's a lovely place that she owns! And what's even cooler is that it's a duplex with Anthony living on the other side. :)

The "Hobbit hole" (as she calls it) is very nice, but like I said, small. She had to get rid of a few things in the downsize, but fear not!! The MM survives!! She actually gifted it to me & I have it tucked safely amongst my stash, still within the tub it was shipped around in. Never fear, fellow builders, it's safe in my hands. I'll see about posting some updated pics of it for everyone as well in the near future.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
So what do you know! This thread has survived! It looks like I didn't send my pics right away (as I confess in one of my posts) like my faulty memory made me think. I only sent the Mystery Machine on its way without signing the case in my hurry! Doh!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Yeah, a few of the old threads are still kicking around.

I'm just glad Steve is still hosting the pics and such from this cool little event.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts